MY FIRST SILVER HALF!! I went to the Barber with Mercury.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ladies and Gents. Man what a short little exciting hunt today. Headed out for some clear my mind metal detecting. I struck BIG silver today. Could not believe it. I took the F75 with me. Been learning this thing and man is it paying off. Well first comes the story about the Merc. Got a good dime signal-68--71ish...Cut the plug and sitting about 5 inches down I saw a silver coin. Merc...1936...Yay YA...Well rescanned and still showed a signal in the hole. Dug a little deeper and out popped the Great Seal Button. The site I am on has yielded about 10 Great Seal Buttons from WW1 era. Well after covering my hole started walking a little further and hit another good signal. Penny range...60-68 Jumpy...Dug down and out came the 3 ringer. YAY YA...Well a few minutes later I got a loud signal on the F75..Showed in the 90's...I was thinking Junk Iron. Almost didn't dig it, but it was about time to go home so I said what the hay...Cut the plug..Nothing in the plug. Stuck the digger in and went around the side of the hole and excavated more dirt out ...Still in the hole..Well my now the Lesche is almost all in the hole. Took out my pinpointer and beep beep beep...Going nuts. Pryed a little more dirt out and I saw something silver and round in the bottom of the hole. I said no way. Moved some dirt and picked it up and just started :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Jumping around and yelling..I could not believe I had my first silver Half...A Barber 1906-O Half Dollar. Could not believe it. It was DEEP...My fingers were all the way out...The top of the ground was 2 inches above my wrist watch. At least 8-9 inches down. I am freaking stoked. Hope ya'll enjoy the story and the pictures. Oh yea..I did dig alot of Trash, pull tabs, cans, bullets. Just took a picture of the highlights. Thank ya'll zaxfire69 :thumbsup:

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Upvote 0
Awesome!! I wouldn't know what to do if I found one of those!! CONGRATS!!! :icon_thumright:

That is a sweet looking half. WTG......Matt

Thanks guys. I still can't believe it.

Thanks MSRelic. :thumbsup:

You gotta keep getting out there because when your coil is hot, it's hot, and your's is steaming. Mine is currently making ice for me for my afternoon drinks.

Iron Patch I wanna go right now. We just had a rain that dumped at least 3 inches out. Ground should be nice for the weekend or next week. I hope I can get out.

Thank you felinepeachy.

Good silver finds :icon_thumleft: that Barber half is still on my want list ,all that rain will help for sure here its dry as a old dog bone we need rain .Good hunt :thumbsup: Dd60

Sweet Barber half! :icon_thumleft:

WOW ~ sweet Barber Half there! They aren't easy to find! I've been detecting for 18 years and I've only found 5 of them. CONGRAT'S!!

Great find !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

My first and only half was a Franklin and it took 6 years to find !! :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

Thanks everyone. I just think to myself how do you lose a half dollar? I'm glad someone did lose it. This is my first silver half dollar. I found a kennedy half dollar last year. This was one of those signals that sounded so good and was registering so high I though it was iron or a big tin can lid. I'm just glad I dug it. I will be digging those 90's more often. I'm gonna go back over the area low and slow. See what else comes out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back