alex12

Greenie
Mar 1, 2019
Lorain County
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is the result of my first real day of metal detecting with my equinox 600. I'm not sure whether to be happy or disappointed. I hit a 1840s farm and farm house. The best part is that it's a couple hundred yards down the street I live in the suburbs so its awesome to have something like that nearby when I don't have much time to detect or just want to work on learning my machine. I have an equinox 600, I've hit the beach with it a few times, and I've hit my backyard with it so not a tremendous amount of time with it yet. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't find anything older than 1936. I dug every repeatable signal in the area of the farmhouse as my plugs were going back in very nicely (no way I would leave a property a mess). I did find an intact toy car which was a surprising hit. I'm not sure what the curled piece of metal with the loop is, I could barely see it so obviously I didn't know what I was digging, I'm keeping it because it took about 25 minutes to dig it out from underneath a huge root of a 100 year old tree. The lady who owns the house was on the front porch smiling and watching, she was very kind and told me a lot of the history of the house. She was not surprised I didn't find anything from the original owner. She said the original owners were very poor and her father had purchased the farm and farmhouse in the 1920s at what was essentially a foreclosure auction. 20190507_104457.jpg20190507_110403.jpg

Upvote 20
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Alex! Take a look at Forum: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

t_o.gif
2nd - Nice assortment of finds. Thanks for sharing...

Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag: You did great, don't get discouraged!

Thats very good for your first hunt! Heck, thats better than some of my hunts.....

Nice finds, keep at it! :occasion14:

Welcome to the forum!

Good job trust me the great finds will come. I have a test garden in my yard bury a penny nickle dime quarter pop top ect it will help you learn your machine plus your machine the factory presets are great as is with out having to tweak them .Great job on the first hunt look forward to your next post Tommyect

Welcome to tnet also

Welcome to Tnet from Georgia.

Looks like you are doing well with that Nox. Keep at it and good luck out there.

Welcome to TNet Alex, you'll start to recognize fruitful terrain after you've been hunting awhile. Concentrate on these spots but don't neglect the surround. It's just like any other type of hunting. You've got to go where they travel(ed).

the "good stuff" will come but you still found some good stuff.

Congratulations on the good finds and, WELCOME!! Good job and very entertaining post!! The greatest piece of advice I can share is simply to keep listening to your machine! With every hole you dig you will start to learn everything the Nox is telling you! Welcome again! Look forward to reading about your next hunt!

I think you did very well on your first hunt. The toy car may be a Tootsie Toy. If you look on the underside, it will be marked as such. In your other picture, the ball on top could be a topper for a bed post. The square item on the far left, is part of a link to a chain that was used on chain drive motors and sprockets in the corn cribs (or anywhere else that needed a motor and chain drive). Good first hunt and many more to you. Welcome to the forum from Illinois.

Hey congrats on your finds! :icon_thumleft: My last couple hunts have been all clad, canslaw, and lead. You're doing a lot better! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back