MY first Picture Post in Todays Finds.... in My Home Town,That was made Famous

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Home Town,That was made Famous by Jean Shepherd's "A Christmas Story" . ......The famous line from the 20 year old Christmas Cult Classic is "You'll shoot your eye out".........
I know you've seen this movie. The story is about young Master Ralphie Parker and his quest to get an official Red Ryder BB gun. Throughout the movie Ralphie is plagued by the response, "You'll shoot your eye out" when talking about his desire for the blue steeled beauty. If you haven't seen the movie, then you must.
Here is a link to read this History.... http://acs.flicklives.com/Articles/articles.asp?ID=20041217
Now for the Story of where I found these bottles ,Tokens,Toys and coins...........There is a wooded Place not far from where I went to school..... Jean Shepherd, went to the same school ..but (20 years earlier) ..........Actually I just now found that out by reading the article above ..
I used to hunt and plink at junk bottles with my bb gun as a kid....in this place. I still do sometimes......The last week or so I noticed they were moving some earth around with dozers and trucks......So I thought I would take my old pellet gun out there and see if the hunting (Starlings and tree rats)was still any good.....
My first trip out there in years and I noticed alot of turned over junk and bottles,chairs,ect...It used to be a kind of a dump..People in the 60's used to throw there unwanted junk out there (illegally)........
Hunting wasn't to good ,and I noticed ALOT of bottles laying around......I would pick a couple up put them in a pile and go back to hunting......After 45 minutes or so I had 10 bottles and that was only cause I just about tripped over every one....The light bulb went off in my head........I went home and got my M.D. and a box to put the bottles in................Two hours later this is what I found.............Bottles,2 toy cars,an old fork,and on and on ........The junk was giving me a headache with all the overload..............But I'M HAPPY.........Hey Badger........nah ....nah nah ..naah nahh......Got 4 buttons 5 tokens,31 mems,1 clad Q,4 Clad Dimes,1 McNickle(2000) "go figure"...1 Silver war McNickle..1945P....1 merc 1935, 1Roo 1957...one 1881 INDIAN,...and three WHEATIES (The Last one 1922.......NO it about gave me a heart attack.......When I got it home and cleaned it up a bit I was hoping it was a 2 ,but it was a 7,,) Wheaties,1953,1936,192......7 darn) It was a GOOOOOOD DAY

000_0850.jpg
[/img]
000_0854.jpg
[/img]
CoinsandTokensMay72005.jpg
[/img]

Hey Badger Look ...Hey Badger Look ...nah nah.....nanah naaaaaaaahhh....Hey Badger Look

stupidkid.gif
[/img]

JUST KIDDING BADGER>>>>>>>BUT I (WILL TRADE YOU ALL THIS FOR ONE OF THEM TOKENS....) oR jUST sve me a REALLY GOOD PIC .....Before selling Please..................Thanks and " Hear the beap ?.....Dig DEEP"..........H.H.

Upvote 0
You'll shoot your eye out kid.........ho.....ho.......HOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! That is one of my all time favorite movies, I have watched it every year since I seen it in the theater when it first came out. Think I was about 11? Anyways, cool finds , thanks for the pic!

Yep....everybody here has to watch it at least once a year........FRAGILE'.........haha! Love that movie! ?;D Those are some really awesome finds! Congratulations!

Nana ;)

Re: MY first Picture Post in Todays Finds.... in My Home Town,That was made Fam

I forgot to mention..I found four more bottles,, and either a furnace damper or Watch FOB.......After I took the pics,,and,,on my way back to the car....Got the FOB ? soaking in distilled water..........
B.T.W. anyone else seen the movie "A Christmas Story" ? It took place........................ " FOR REAL" in my home town......JEAN lived less than 1/2 mile from where I made this find !..............
But..................That's all the clues I'm giving...............just in case I hit it big...

Nice haul McNickel!!

Looks like a fun day to me!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nice work McNickle, Be carefull though some of those Items Are FRAGILE Pronounced -FRA GEE LEE , I think thats Italian. LOL
Badger leave em alone and stop posting pictures out of National Geographic again will ya. ;D

Watch out for the damn elf he likes to push you down the slide. Nice Digs HH

Twister

A furnace damper??? Was it from the furnace that Darren McGavin used to battle with, weaving his tapestry of obscenities that, as far, as we know, is stilling hanging over the town in outer space?? That is a great flick, on of my favorites around the holidays. Nice finds, I love those old medicine bottles, and the coins are awesome!!

I thought I seen that stack of gold somewhere badger,,lol,,,The FOB or what ever it is is being soaked for now,,,,maybe I'll try the (E) process on it ...It is a little rusty......I really don't know what it is ....My 80+ year old neighbor seems to think it was part of an old furnace or something.....................I'll post pics when it is readable and ask our forum members what you all think it is...
I KNOW I threw a couple FOBs away years back thinking they were not valueable or collectible....Threw away some tokens too............Duuuhh...........Wished I would have came to this forum alot sooner,but I didn't get a computer till Feb. 2003............................Didn't know how to really use it very well till late 2004..............................................H.H.

I found THESE bottles Sunday .......Story in the Bottles section....These coins were found in a local park......But the bottles pictured here were found at the same dump site as the ones pictured on the post above..H.H.
May8_05.jpg

thats my all time favorite xmas movie - in July my family will bust that one out to watch - nice finds -
Just what i always wanted "a can of simonize" !
"u sons of bitc*es Bumpuses dogs"

Wow,u got like, like like a BUTTLOAD of finds! great movie too! i watch it every year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back