Attachments

• S2010028.JPG
    S2010028.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 474
  • S2010030.JPG
    S2010030.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0
Congratulations. That is a great coin to find. In good condition, it's worth $38.00. It looks like it might be in better shape than that.

Ooops, Jake, you beat me to it!

are you reading the 2004 red book or the 2005 cause im reading the 2004, and if your reading the 2005 then it hasnt gone up.

2005 RB has it at $42.00 in G.

Like I said before, this is one of the tougher dates to find.

Now pull yourself up an 1877, THEN you got something REAL special.

very nice! where did you find it? how deep? detail please!!

in fosterberg ill tere was a house in 1890 or so that a tornado took out . The coin was by a well that was by the house.The well is in good order .Is there any explorative insites on the well Icould use. The well has been covered for years.

Great find and great date to find!!!

If it's an open well ( rope and bucket) I've heard of lowering a magnet down the well. Not sure what your supposed to find with it. I have my doubts, there'll be any outboard motors coming out of there. Maybe somebody here will know HH

I think you need a new book ???

The pictures in Yeoman's Red Book show "United states of America" on the obverse side, and as far as I know, that's what all of mine have as well. The only place it should say "Liberty" is across the headband.

Could you post a larger picture (or closer-up picture) of it? It looks like it's in pretty good shape, and that's actually worth a decent amount ($42 for Good Condition, and up to $200 in AU).

Nice work too, I'm still looking for my first IH!

Very good date to find,,, WTG!!!
Congrats on your first oldie!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice Coin Diggindirt. As far as the well is concerned be carefull. If its open chance are that a lot of debris has gone into it. Send down the buckets and a good solid magnet. Work together with these two items and get the debris out first.then survey the situation with some 50,000 candle power marine spot light and see what it looks like. Good luck and be carefull. HH

thanks for all the replies ill try the bucket magnet trick. HH all and thanks again diggindirt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back