My first nugget!! American river. Any info on Indian creek siskiyou county,ca?

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey miners

I've been mining for about 2 months collectively in one year.
I have roughly $60 in flakes, which is amazing on its own but just this past weekend, I found my first nugget!! It felt amazing. Just wanted to share, it's 3.05g :D north fork of the American river image.jpeg

Also I'm planning on heading over to Indian creek in siskiyou county California to a gpaa claim and I was hoping if anyone had any tips, advice or stories of the area. Any info on the driving conditions would be very appreciated, driving a 2wd :/. Any luck sluicing? I want to build my own currently working on V2.0. First prototype attached, which I built in a night and half by the way haha image.jpeg

Any who thanks for all the info you guys post on here, without it I wouldn't have been able to find this beauty! But of course we all have room to grow

Much luck!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 423
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, it must have been exciting as hell to see her smiling at you in the classifier. Was she on bedrock or gravel?
It sure was. Couldn't believe it was real until I did the hammer test lol.
It was trapped underneath the Boulder sitting on top of gravels (roughly 3-4 ft) that was on top of bed rock.

Nice! were there some nice fines/flakes in the gravel too? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just trying to find me one of those bad boys lol.

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous nugget! Congrats on that find. If I found that it would make my year.

I can only dream of one like that, be 4 times Panning, nothing but fools gold

hope to go this week end, thanks for posting, marion

Marion, are you panning in Greenville? I'm in Columbia and just started getting into this. SC has a lot of gold, but it's difficult finding places to prospect, since almost all the land is private property.

Noooooooooooooo!!, Don't hit nuggets with a hammer, especially one like that!!

Learn to recognize gold, enough, so that you don't have to do that, LOL!

You can really depreciate the value of a natural nugget by doing that!

Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing! Congratulations, it is great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back