Attachments

• IMG_20240531_125332677~2.jpg
    IMG_20240531_125332677~2.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20240531_125350834~2.jpg
    IMG_20240531_125350834~2.jpg
    931.7 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 30
Got this great barber quarter. From a site that has been pounded. My first New Orleans mint coin ever.
Nice find! Thank you for posting the coin.

Would you be willing to share the type of site - carnival ground, camp meeting, racetrack, school yard, old farm, or? Obviously, I wouldn't ask where - just what.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Outstanding!

Old buckaroo. This is a county park that has been since the early 1900's.
Thank you very much! I asked because that is helpful information - particularly for those new to the hobby. I've written it here more than once - where a person hunts has more to do with success than the machine used or the skill of the operator.

Those are important, of course. A skilled hunter with an old machine will probably be more successful than a novice with the latest and greatest. And two equally experienced th'ers - one with the new detector and one swinging an older model - will probably have different results working the same site.

But, in the end, the place matters the most.

Again - thank you for sharing the photo and the information about where you found that nice coin!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Congrats for knocking the "O" mintmarked coin off your bucket list!! For me, "hunted out" sites are an obsession. You proved they're rarely ever, truly hunted out. Well done!

Sweet find, DDD!
Any silver quarter anywhere is a great hunt, IMO. I've never found one yet.
+1 Any "O" mint mark anywhere is a great hunt too!
I've never (yet, gotta stay positive) found either, but everything's on my bucket list!

Last edited:
Sweet find, DDD!

+1 Any "O" mint mark anywhere is a great hunt too!
I've never (yet, gotta stay positive) found either, but everything's on my bucket list!
I just found an interesting article on mint marks on the US Mint website.
There are a couple I'd never heard of, let alone seen.
C=Charlotte, NC​
D=Dahlonega (GA) 1838-1861​
W=West Point (NY) 1984-present​
More Bucket List Items! 😊

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back