My First Indian Head Penny

dbqIAhunter

Aug 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they say, be sure to check around the old clothes lines. Found my first Indian Head penny and first in the 1800's. In somewhat rough shape but still exciting.

IMG_20171108_141702[1].jpgIMG_20171108_141959[1].jpg

Upvote 23
Man being a newbie watching ton of youtube that coin is on top of my bucket list, congratulations!

Congrats, nice coin.
Some guys seem to find lots of them but I would classify them as uncommon for most - In over 10 years I have only found a dozen or so.

Very rare finds for me too. I could probably count all of the ones I have found on one hand. Congrats on a great coin, first Indian and 1800's coin, and in incredible condition! I love green colored copper coins, unfortunately the coins I find are always all toasty instead.

Congrats on your first IH cent, I think its in pretty good shape congrats...:occasion14:

I remember my first...bent and wrecked up but still thrilling.
CongratZ!

Congrats on your first Indian Head Penny. I water mine off, and lightly go over them with a toothbrush to get the dirt off. Then soak it in a plastic cup with Virgin Olive Oil for a week, and watch that baby clean up real nice. This works well for any copper coins, like Large Cents, Two Cent pieces, and Wheats. Just make sure its not a rare date coin, before you clean it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back