My First Hunt

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
I finally got out in the real world. If anybody knows what some of these item are please feel free to chime in. It was a blast and didn't want to stop. Picked this stuff up on an empty lot in an old part of town. I will send some close ups on another post part II

Attachments

• 1st Hunt.JPG
    1st Hunt.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 532
  • 2nd Hunt.JPG
    2nd Hunt.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 531
Upvote 0
Congratulations on some great finds.
I hope all your outings are as productive! :thumbsup:

DN

Thank you all for your kind words. I can't wait to get my headphones and go back to see whatI have missed.

OPUS1

Opus 1 , If that was your first hunt , you are rocking ! 5 wheaties , a merc , some change , etc.

yeah your doing great - go get some more ! Argentium.

Nothing better than getting into the metal detecting "zone" where three hours can pass as quick as 30 minutes. And great stuff you found.

Congrats Opus!

Mercs are always welcome! Still one of the sweetest coins ever minted.

You are now offically Infected, I mean hooked!

Way to Go.

Good Luck,
Mark

Awesome finds ............. keep it up more to come I sure!!!!!

That's a great first hunt! Silver and wheat is always good! Nice relics too!

Congrats and I hope all of your hunts are as successful!

Wow, what a great first hunt!! Now go back and hit that lot again, this time going in a criss cross direction, and I bet you'll come out with a few more goodies!

Ray

You are doing well! Second pic, upper left looks like a baker's pie jig for trimming pies. HH, Mike

Thank you again everyone for the kind comments and encouragement. Going back tomorrow if it doesn't rain :'(

Kindest regards

OPUS1

Thanks for the encouragement, now, what do you all do with the stuff? any suggestions on displaying storing ect?

Wow!
What a great variety of cool finds. You've definitely found a great spot to hunt for the next year or so.
Way to go!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back