My first go at metal detecting ... Very excited about my rescent Civil War finds!!!

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

Not sure what the 4th item over is...? Round oval thing. Any input is awesome!

Last edited:
Upvote 18
Holy moly fantastic day you had, keep up the great work, congrats!!

Awesome, dude, awesome!

Your round oval thing is a tent grommet. They were woven into the sides to run ropes through to attach to the ground. That's a great sign you're in a good spot. Hopefully, there was a camp site there! If it were me, I'd hit that spot hard! Good luck!

Nice finds, I?m currently laughing at your name because I am covered in it from a dig last week. 😆

Your round oval thing is a tent grommet. They were woven into the sides to run ropes through to attach to the ground. That's a great sign you're in a good spot. Hopefully, there was a camp site there! If it were me, I'd hit that spot hard! Good luck!

I agree with grommet

A great start - congrats on your first finds ! :occasion14:

But be careful ... I've heard that some people have become addicted to metal detecting !

If you are counting the round oval piece as the one next to the 3 bullet casings it could very well be a mans ring. Beside that looks like a wick winder knob to a kerosene lantern and then the last item in the top row is the tent grommet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back