My first Civil War bullets

e30rapidic

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off a big thanks to Thunderchild and Modern Miner. MM talked me into buying a metal detector about 4 years ago. I never did use it that much, it was pretty much only got used from the occasional "I've lost my wedding ring and hear you have a metal detector" type of deal. Found 3 wedding bands over the last 2 years...so it served some purpose!

Well I got in touch with MM and tagged along last week with him and Thunderchild. I was on the hunt for a CW bullet (and we know these guys can sniff them out!!). Thunderchild literally pointed me in the right direction for my first find. I found the second bullet about 30 feet away. Small deal for some but I was really pleased.

bulletsdug.jpg

bulletscleaned.jpg

I found a few other bits and pieces but not sure they are anything from that era. I need to clean them up as they are caked in mud and grime. I was so excited that I cleaned these up as soon as I got home and took a picture. If anything worthwhile comes out of my other stuff, I'll add them in.

Again, thank you to MM and TC!

Upvote 0
Congrats those are are great saves and are certainly no "small deal" for anyone to recovery CW history. WTG!

Andre, Congrats on your first CW bullets! :icon_thumright: Keep at it, more will come.

I know the feeling! When I found my first CW bullet (Enfield) I was punching the air and hollering at the top of my lungs! Well done and welcome to the club!

My first CW relic was a dropped three ringer, when i first held it in my hand it gave me cold chills, There was a fight in the place i found it, And I still wonder why he dropped it? was he shot while trying to load his weapon ?
was he so scared that he dropped it ? Or maybe it rolled outta his box as he fell ? Just a few of the thoughts that ran through my mind. HH

Andre,
First off welcome to Tnet. Glad you finally arrived. Not sure if they told you when you signed up but you have to buy a round for everyone. Paypal is accepted. :laughing9:

Congrats on your first CW bullets, and YES they are a big deal. :thumbsup: I still remember my first one, and as you know it was just down the road a bit. Some people lucky enough to dig them on a regular basis may not get too excited about digging CW lead :sleepy2: , but others like you and I still think it's a great deal to dig a piece of history. That's what makes it fun.

I don't know if we'll ever be able to keep up with Glenn (Thunderchild), but at his age it's great to see him even be able to swing a detector. Bless his heart. :tongue3:

Looking forward to hunting with you two guys again soon. Get out there and find a few VA buttons now. :hello2:

-Dug_

P.S. You were there that day to witness me wrestle that 72" Copperhead and save Glenn's life. For some reason some Folks here aren't believing the yarn story. :dontknow: Oh well, I'll have to get it on film next time. :icon_jokercolor:

Congrats on your first bullets. I'm glad you showed MM what one looks like-LOL. Don't worry about having to have help finding your first CW relics. EVERYBODY needs help when they get started and anybody who tells you they didn't need some help may also try to sell you a bridge somewhere. HH, Quindy in Tennessee.

VOL1266-X said:
Congrats on your first bullets. I'm glad you showed MM what one looks like-LOL. Don't worry about having to have help finding your first CW relics. EVERYBODY needs help when they get started and anybody who tells you they didn't need some help may also try to sell you a bridge somewhere. HH, Quindy in Tennessee.

Andre,
Watch out for this guy Quindy from Tenn. He sold me three bridges so far and none of them have showed up yet. :BangHead:
I'm starting to think I got taken. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
-DUHg-

WELCOME to TNet! Woooo Hooooo on your 1st CW bullet. :thumbsup: I remember how excited I was when I found my first one. Now, how long was that Copperhead snake? I think it keeps growing! LOL :laughing7: ;D Breezie

Welcome to Tnet, Andre. :hello: Those bullets are the cat's meow! Always a thrill to find them. :icon_pirat:
Congrats!

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back