My finds on Outer Banks Beach OBX Nags Head North Carolina NC

littledmac

Greenie
Oct 20, 2009
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x aquanaut/Bounty Hunter Tracker ID 505
I have only been detecting since April of last year. This is my first photographic post of what I found today. I live on the Outer Banks and the beach is walking distance from my house. I found what I believe is a spiggot handle of some sort, probably off a shipwreck. much larger than a household spiggot handle, which I pictured one to show the size difference. Their are tons of shipwrecks off the Outer Banks as many of you know. If I am wrong on my guess, please let me know what you think it is. I also found a few clad coins and a horseshoe charm. I just counted up my last years finds. 29 pennies, 5 nickles, 10 dimes, 6 quarters, 1 22k gold ring, a couple of signs and a pair of prescription eyeglasses. I didn't go that often, and every time was with my son- my 6 year old hunting partner, Ryan. Anyhow, hope to do a lot more hunting this year and love seeing all of your posts. Any input on the spiggot handle would be helpful. Also, on an item like this, would you keep it as is, or put it my electrolysis tank and try to get the encrusted stuff off? What are your opinions on that? Thanks and happy hunting!

Attachments

• spigot.jpg
    spigot.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,691
  • horseshoe charm2.jpg
    horseshoe charm2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,195
Upvote 0
I would leave it like it is. I would spray it with some kind of sealant.
Dman
Dman
Dman
Dman

Welcome to Tnet ... Nice to see an OBX hunter on here. I am just a ways down the road from you and have never hunted the beaches ( mostly stick to the farm fields and old homestead sites). Not sure about your spigot handle but it could very well be. If you really want to try and ID it you might try electrolysis on it to get a better look at it. There are several good articles on here about how to set up and do electrolysis if you are interested. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your future finds!

Nice finds. Congrats. HH....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back