My finds from Iran too much old ax in shape of woman statue

amirkarimian

Jul 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello dears
I'm from Iran. I live between Iran and Pakistan's border.

The first one is an ax in the shape of a female statue that carries a mountain goat on her head. We still have such mountain goat in our area but so much less than before because of illegal hunting. This one is so old and it seems it belongs about 1000_2000 years BC.
such thing has been found in Iran in Lorestan province but that one isn't beautiful like this one I'll post that ones if someone ask. But the sword is newer as I see it can be Islamic era or mongols. Both of their time happened together.

Attachments

• 20240717140.jpg
    20240717140.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20240717141.jpg
    20240717141.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20240717142.jpg
    20240717142.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20240717143.jpg
    20240717143.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20240809249.jpg
    20240809249.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20240809250.jpg
    20240809250.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 21
That ax head is soo cool. I would love to own that. But unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world. Nice finds.
Thank you dear
I'm agree with you the ax is beautiful.
Coming Iran is dangerous for foreign people especially for US and Europeans. But anybody who can came to Pakistan I will go too.

Thank you dear
I'm agree with you the ax is beautiful.
Coming Iran is dangerous for foreign people especially for US and Europeans. But anybody who can came to Pakistan I will go too.
So what type of value/price would you put on a ax head like that. In US dollars?

I'm just curious.

Thanks.

So what type of value/price would you put on a ax head like that. In US dollars?

I'm just curious.

Thanks.
I'm really sorry I can not say anything about selling and can't do sell here due to rules that I didn't know before.

I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Hello dears

The first one is an ax in the shape of a female statue that carries a mountain goat on her head. We still have such mountain goat in our area but so much less than before because of illegal hunting. This one is so old and it seems it belongs about 1000_2000 years BC.
such thing has been found in Iran in Lorestan province but that one isn't beautiful like this one I'll post that ones if someone ask. But the sword is newer as I see it can be Islamic era or mongols. Both of their time happened together.
Wow, those are awesome finds! 👍👍

Your welcome.
I will go out a few days later if get another chance I'll post more. There is much more of this things but the main problem is digging is Illegal and we have no good metal detector devices.
I'm looking forward to see more from there as in my part of the World seeing these finds are virtually non heard of. Hearing what you say about not being able to have good detectors and so on, there must be an enormous amount of amazing things there to this day still undiscovered!
Stay safe where you are and good luck 👍

I'm looking forward to see more from there as in my part of the World seeing these finds are virtually non heard of. Hearing what you say about not being able to have good detectors and so on, there must be an enormous amount of amazing things there to this day still undiscovered!
Stay safe where you are and good luck 👍
Thanks a lot dear Chilli. I hope so too I need more luck with my weak device.

Rams (male sheep) in Mesopotamian artistry typically represented fertility and virility; however, they also bore connotations pertaining to Inanna, the goddess of love and vegetation. Could this axe head be representing both? Axe heads like this example were perhaps used in ceremonial contexts rather than on the battlefield.
Don in SoCal

Rams (male sheep) in Mesopotamian artistry typically represented fertility and virility; however, they also bore connotations pertaining to Inanna, the goddess of love and vegetation. Could this axe head be representing both? Axe heads like this example were perhaps used in ceremonial contexts rather than on the battlefield.
Don in SoCal
Thank you for your explanation unfortunately I don't have much historical knowledge and art. But I know of course, such axes are royal for ceremonial use only.

Hello dears

Welcome to the forum.

Those are amazing recoveries. Congratulations

What is the size of the axe?

I hope you will share other things as well when you find them.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you very much dear Pepperj
The length is 16.5 and width is 7 CM and weight is about 500 grams.
Welcome to the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back