My finds for today

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
It finally warmed up here to about 50 degrees today and I was out about 10 this morning.
After finding the ground was still frozen at about 3 inches deep I decided to go and hunt a sandy
swimming area near the lake. Picked up some clad there a ear ring and a few fishing weights.
By 2 the ground had gotten a lot softer so I hit a park and found More clad. and I was still feeling
good and enjoying the bright sun and warm air so I went to a old community center and found a
some more clad including a 1944 wheat penny it is the one by the earring. Nice to be out and able to dig again I hope it stays warm for a few more days so I can get out again.

Attachments

• Img_0560.jpg
    Img_0560.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Img_0561.jpg
    Img_0561.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0
Good work XLT, keep posting I've got close to 2 feet of snow to get through before I can even dig so I'm living thru you're finds at this point!

That's great XLT, it got up to about 62 today but it drops back to low 30's by the time I get off work at 6. Am hoping it holds through wknd. Thanks for keeping us cheered up. HH

Good finds! Our snow is slowly melting and the sun peeked out for a little while today.. but hear that more snow is coming Friday! :'(
I may have to resort to square foot detecting! Clear a foot of snow..check it out... go in and warm up..then try another foot! ;D

As long as the ground is not frozen solid I will be out a couple of times a week.
I will keep you guys posted. We need to go hang out in Florida for about a month.

Jason,

Not bad for a mid-winter's hunt. As you know, wherever there's wheats, you'll eventually find silver.

I've got my batteries charging, so I may try to get out tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours. I'll let you know if I find anything. Gotta grab these warm days when we can.

Later,

John

Good finds. I went out today too and didn't have any luck at all. Maybe 10 cents. Gonna try again tom.
xXx

That's perseverence XXX, by next month you'll have enough for a new set of batteries.Ha Ha! Find something for me while your out HH.

Good work!!! You did better than I. Got only one clad penny, but did find a wagon wheel(Just the outside ring) and the hub that went with it and a 2 ld. hammer head.It supposed to be fairly nice the rest of the week so good luck!!!

Nice finds... I went out today in search of Civil War items... found a good signal and started digging.... only to find that the ground was frozen stiff... i could only get down about an inch. Moral of the story test the ground before walking 20 mins and trying to dig.

Thanks every one. I will be back to that spot that I found the wheat penny I do think that there will be a silver coin or two there. 40 and light rain here this morning as it warms up today and with this light rain
the ground should be soft tommorrow I hope. I will check back in here tonight I have to go catch a trout I have not caught one in over a week now.

Yep, we've still got almosta foot of snow on the ground, so I like looking at other folks' digging's. Nice digs and keep 'em coming!

Nice finds! I know you were glad to get out and do some detecting. I feel for you folks in the cold part of the country. We sometimes complain about the winter weather here in the Conroe-Houston, Texas area but we really don't have it too bad. We can just about detect the year round, except for the rainy days, of course. I'm not sure I could put up with "frozen ground" when I try to dig. We had a high of 78 degrees today and the weather was beautiful. Hang in there and hopefully you'll have some warmer days soon.
BRD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back