My Dahlonega Ga. Trip

kdfritton

Jun 12, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites MXT
Just got back from my MD trip in the mountains. I detected a lot/lot. My first place was at the old house in town (Dahlonega) where the wife burnt the house on her husband (Cheating). Didnt find a thing 1800s house. then out to the water reservoir, did the whole dirt bank for 2 days. No coins only sinkers. Then every piece of dug up soil / construction project that I could find. I kept my MXT Mostly in Prospect Mode but went to coin mode sometimes. My take was 1980s coins and slim pickens. I even went up to my property on wauka mountain. 12 acres that I am selling, and did a lot of prospecting. to no avail. Maybe I just didnt have a positive enough attitude on this trip and it affected my outcome. My main goal was at least one gold nuggett/coin from days gone bye. I stayed at the Smith house w/wife Kathy. It is built atop the famous Gold Mine. Oh well....Maybe next time...Dan.....

Dahlonega ! Sure brings back memories. I was there for the mountain phase of Ranger School, while in the Army. Even though the occassion wasn't exactly pleasant I do remember it as being beautiful country. The mountain phase was conducted on the side of a huge (it seemed like it anyway during rapelling and freee climbing classes) mountain with a beautiful view of a valley with what I recall as being cow pasture. Anyway, I may return someday just for kicks.

tac512ltd said:
Dahlonega ! Sure brings back memories. I was there for the mountain phase of Ranger School, while in the Army. Even though the occassion wasn't exactly pleasant I do remember it as being beautiful country. The mountain phase was conducted on the side of a huge (it seemed like it anyway during rapelling and freee climbing classes) mountain with a beautiful view of a valley with what I recall as being cow pasture. Anyway, I may return someday just for kicks.

It still looks that nice....2007. Dan

That's why they call it treasure "hunting" ;). Like I told my MDing partner after we'd hunted an old homesite for the 2nd time, finding little to show for it....... "well, that's one place we can check-off the list, and move on to the next".

Who knows what the next site has in store......................

Smitty

Smitty - That reminds me of something discussed between my wife and I frequently. She asks, why I'm picking up a certain item I've found. I tell her, I'm collecting it. She says, I see that, but what are you going to do with it? I've had to tell her a hundred times, I"M COLLECTING IT !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back