My better finds from today!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Hunted an older church not sure of the date it was built I think early 1900's . At first I found some modern clad and some trash. Toward the end of the hunt I dug a Cracker Jack George Washington Mystery Club Token. On the Obverse it says 1st President U.S.A. 1789-1797 George Washington. On the Reverse it says "American Fabius" Join Cracker Jack Mystery Club Save this coin. The Cracker Jack Co. Chicago U.S.A. "Father of its Country." Then a little later on the other side of the church I find a 1958 D Wheat Cent. I searched the area good where the wheat cent was and no silver. Its a hard area to dig because its right next to the entrance of the Church and very rocky.

Well here are some pictures!

OH, Any information on the Token would be great!!

HH!!

Attachments

• Churchfinds 002.jpg
    Churchfinds 002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 488
  • Churchfinds 003.jpg
    Churchfinds 003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
Thanks Everyone,

I think the Token is cool too. However I wish it was in better condition. It was dug at about 3" came in as a Quarter. I think someone had hit it before but was unable to find it. (Got to love those pinpointers)

I am getting better with my machine and finding targets (Pinpointing). Everytime I go out I learn something new and I am always learning stuff here. I will find silver coins and when I do it will be a lot of them. I don't know when this will happen but soon.

I talked to my neighbour and he used to hunt all the sites I have been. The school where I found my bank token and a buffalo he said he found lots of silver coins at that school. :-\ (He took all the silver) he did say he never hunted our yard. He also said he sold his entire metal detecting collection for $40k. Cool hu?

downindixie said:
MUD,I know that you where having a hard time when you first started detecting, but now it looks like your getting the hang of it.My question is"Are you having fun now?"

I was having fun since day one but I get "disappointed" easy sometimes. I love finding things so it's always a blast even if it just a clad quarter. I hate pennies unless wheat or older, I hate Hot Coal! I am getting better by the day still.

It's a blast and so is this forum!

Thanks again all,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 191
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 193

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread