Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this up today,rang in as silver on my MXT, clearly not silver so thinking brass....Not sure i want to try to clean it,so might wait for some input, maybe someone can point me in direction of place to send to get cleaned and determine which variety..found a reale yesterday,Carolus IIII,half dozen buttons, a couple the large colonial flat ones..near this Fugio buddy found a coin yet to be identified,but thinking large early copper cent.

Attachments

• Picture 319.jpg
    Picture 319.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 320.jpg
    Picture 320.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 14
Nice "Pointed Rays" type Fugio. This was actually the first coin authorized by congress. I can't tell from your picture what type the reverse is. If you have the words "we are one" inside the label oriented correctly there are 3 possibilities. United at left, United at right or United above and States below (the rarest). There is also one type that has stars on the reverse label instead of cinquefoils. Most often with those only the top star shows. Great find!

Nice ! Fugio 's are a tuff find . Mind Your Business is good advice . :coffee:

that's an awesome coin, very rare, congrats!

VERY sweet find! Now that's not one you dig every day and I would love to have one myself, congratulations! :occasion14:

Steve

Wow, that is sweet! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back