Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met Ed at "The Park" for a few hours hunting today. Listening for the faint signals yielded 2 IHPs, a gold signet ring, a toasted trade token, partial thimble and other relics. Ran into, who else, but Kurt and Brad there.

Finds.jpgcomp.jpg

Upvote 29
You're still in the ZONE I see. :headbang: Congrats on the gold ring, IHPs, and artifacts.

Thanks L-D, much better hunting conditions today. We hit some areas with lots of iron and spurious signals, but, as you see, still some awesome finds.

Thanks L-D, much better hunting conditions today. We hit some areas with lots of iron and spurious signals, but, as you see, still some awesome finds.

You did great, way better than me. Today was mostly clad, I did manage a 1907 IHP, had to get out today cause tomorrow it's dropping down in the 20's brrrrr...

Lots of nice digs. Congrats on the gold! Looks like an old one

Nice hunt indians and gold and trinkets to boot what a day

Like the old Signet! Beautiful!

Our Brad from Jersey? The Boy is like a Detector on wheels..

Thanks testing123, it is an old engraved signet, not certain how old and it had a brush with an earth-moving machine that damaged the band, but you wouldn't know it from the pic.

Thanks OBN, my 2nd signet from the 1800s? in the last month. A great start to 2016!
Agreed. I consider Brad to be an excellent detectorist, never seen anyone pull more Indians.

Thanks Joe hunter, had to get out of the house as my wife was having a wedding shower for my oldest son's fiance. Good excuse for me to meet Ed at "The Park".

Thanks David, gold is always a welcome surprise, as are the indians.

Thanks Trezurehunter, this is my second signet ring found. One wonders how many more are in this park. Maybe there will be more in 2016!

Nice looking signet ring....looks to have some serious age with that type of etching on it.

Regards + HH

Bill

Research has identified the thimble portion as Victorian. The word on it is "ESTEEM"; thimbles bearing mottoes expressive of the "genteel and accomplished" Victorian woman were period.

Freakin" SWEET gold ring.
Looks like you have a few other nice finds there as well. You need to keep hunting that spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back