HPIM3161.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 439
  • HPIM3169.JPG
    HPIM3169.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 433
  • HPIM3162.JPG
    HPIM3162.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 430
i dont think so lisa, most horn mouthpieces are more rounded at the business end than that and wouldnt have that obstruction on the other side. hmmm ??? its a mystery. :wink:

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
But just in case you thought I disappeared...

I'm sure somebody was marching around a cornfield in Pennsylvania wearing that get-up, Jimtana. Nice guess! :tard: :tard:

Upvote 0
Mona Lisa said:
Montana Jim said:

I'm sure somebody was marching around a cornfield in Pennsylvania wearing that get-up, Jimtana. Nice guess! :tard: :tard:

LOL... guess?

IMHO it's the plume holder to a shako helmet.

You mean I come out of "what is it" retirement to be wrong!

That sucks... :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
looks like some kind of nozzle tip for spraying crops. they have different designs to make different spray patterns.

Attachments

• spraye.jpg
    spraye.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0
Lisa,

I think Jim got it right. Look at the style of hole in the bottom of it and in the photo of the top of the helmet.

It is most certainly Not an instrument mouthpiece. 100% certain it is not.

If by some chance Jim is wrong, I will guess that it's a brass chess piece.

Regards,

Buckles

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I miss you.

That piece sure looks like the helmet piece. Didn't the British, French, and Hessians have some over decorated helmets and didn't some of those troops gallivant around Pennsylvania; back before Pennsylvania was Pennsylvania. :icon_scratch: Did I write that write, aaaah right?

Upvote 0
Mona Lisa said:
Shortstack said:
That piece sure looks like the helmet piece. Didn't the British, French, and Hessians have some over decorated helmets and didn't some of those troops gallivant around Pennsylvania; back before Pennsylvania was Pennsylvania. :icon_scratch: Did I write that write, aaaah right?

I was just being ig-norant harassing poor Zesty like that. Maybe there were fancy-hat-wearing gallivanting soldiers in that field. Please accept my apologies, Zesty, cuz it really does look similar. :-[ :)

Upvote 0
I might be right, I might be wrong. :icon_sunny:

But, either way, I appreciate the opportunity to try and help :)

I never thought you were screwin' with my zestiness. :tard:

Upvote 0
It dosn't have to interlock... they are probebly from different helmets and not the same pieces, I was only showing an example.

There is usually another long piece that bolts through from the helmet base and through the other hardware to hold the actual ploom in place.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back