WILDFOX

Greenie
Dec 21, 2007
BAILEY,NC
Detector(s) used
GARRETT- GRAND MASTER HUNTER CXII, ACE 250
Grand Master Hunter CXIII
MURPHY'S LAWS STRIKES AGAIN..........

On a recent trip this past week to the NC beach, as luck would have it Murphy’s Law struck…..
We arrived Sat afternoon, kids in tow, Girlfriend an I went out to do some md'ing, after maybe hour or so I hit on some clads piled up into a sand dune, while she we just getting familiar with her ace 250, well lets say I had that day in the bag as far as clad.. Sunday morning we went out again, first signal I got was a quarter, great as it made for a good start, (at least I thought….) Few hours later I was noticing I wasn’t getting any signals, hmmm . Girlfriend was hitting clad one behind the other, That’s when it hit me, my coil was in the waves and must have had a crack giving me trouble, as I expected no signals coming in, well I sat and smoked a cigarette and had coil standing on edge (maybe it will drain or dry out), It worked found some more clad. Now its getting to be afternoon and while swinging my cxII it felt light, I looked down and noticed it cracked right where the shaft goes into the base(pic enclosed)..I was heart broken, here I am with a machine in hand and a shaft and coil hanging below(wish I had a picture on my face when it happened) We finished up the day with her swinging into action finding more clads and me make shifting a way to detect. I have since sent in my machine to Garrett and having everything checked in it, Since its been gone I have been using her MD and have to give it a thumbs up it has found more coins in our yard than mine did and I have to say I have hunted this yard to death, But it goes to show you Murphy’s always around the corner waiting, always expect the unexpected or at least try

Attachments

• BEACH FINDS...JPG
    BEACH FINDS...JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 318
  • SUNSET....JPG
    SUNSET....JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 299
  • BROKE.....JPG
    BROKE.....JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 311
Re: MURPHY'S LAWS STRIKES AGAIN..........

Hey wildfox we feel your pain, we were on a road trip few years ago and I dropped my shadow and it shattered the coil mount, didnt have another regular size coil and finished up the day with the 4". Hopefully it will get back form repair soon
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back