More Wisconsin Artifacts

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
These are some more finds from the past several years- some worked copper pieces on the bottom. Was walking through a field when my friend says to me, "I sure would like to find one of those real tiney notched points, you know, the ones that are small enought to fit on your fingernail" I walked about 15 feet and said like this one? (Right next to the penny in the pic) On the other side of the penny, though broken, is one of my favorite early archaic pieces- super well made and thin, even has a tiny hole in it right by the edge, too bad point was busted, oh well.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
Very nice points. Awesome job and thanks for posting. I'm going tomorrow and hopefully i'll come out with something. HH

Dishinet

Yeah, that drill is different. I've see "T" drills before but this one isn't a broken T drill it was actually made just like it is... I wonder if it had a special use. Found it down by Wisconsin Dells last year along with a big UGLY preform/knife.

If that drill isn't broken that it's rare for sure. I haven't seen one made that way before. Nice selection and color of flint you have there.
badandy

Awesome finds, Cannonman. Love that drill and the itsy, bitsy, tiny one too. Wonderful colors too.

;) RR

Nice points!! I really do like the drill and I hope to find a complete one someday.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back