9.5 KB · Views: 938
  • DSC_0000064.jpg
    DSC_0000064.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC_0000065.jpg
    DSC_0000065.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 973
Last edited:
did u mean,this is not an antique or valuable metal?
this is an ordinary metal only?:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 0
Antique yes, valuable no. Around here a few cents per pound at scrap yard. What is the marking on the side?

Upvote 0
As an antique anvil, it has far more value than the metal

as metal it is only worth about 0.11/lb (US)

Upvote 0
marks is cirle and in the center look like a man that he rise his hand.or look like a statue of liberty,on the other side there a sign of cresent and star.what does it mean?

Upvote 0
Trenton, Arm & Hammer and Hay-Budden put a serial number on the front foot. It can be roughly cross-referened to year of manufacturer. Neat find, Breezie

http://www.blackiron.us/anvils.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are makers marks. I think it is a southern crescent anvil made in Tennessee U.S.A. Cant be sure without good pictures of the marks. Were was it found ?

Upvote 0
Don't sell it for scrap!!! People collect those. On ebay they go for $50 to $150 and up. Remember, heavy things like that don't get really high bids because of the cost of shipping. If you saw an anvil like that at an antique fair it would bring a lot more money. I've sold them in the past and got good money for them.
From your photo it looks like it might be damaged. If so, it could still bring more than scrap for yard art.

Upvote 0
Tap it with a ballpeen hammer, if you get a nice ringing tone it is still a good anvil and any farrier in your area will pay good money for it. If it thuds, it's scrap or a decorative item, but might be worth something as such.

Upvote 0
The hard face is gone. Its scrap, In my opinion. Unless its something rare or historically significant .
Good ring does not mean a good anvil but can tell you if a good anvil is cracked.

The ring is a product of the body of the anvil resonating the vibrations produced by the hammer strike. The ring has nothing to do with identifying it as a quality anvil. For example, Fisher anvils have a very good rebound, and very little ring and are considered by some to be the best option as a result.

Upvote 0
i found it in the {native}tribe people in the mountain of compostela valley a province of davao city,Phillipines

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in this kind of anvil.there is a possible that this have a content of platinum?
what kind&sign of anvil that have a content of platinum?

Upvote 0
to all of my master,i need an answer to my question,;
in this kind of anvil theres a possible that have a content
of a platinum?what kind or a sign of anvil that have a content of pt?
thanks in advance!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back