Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Third hunt on my recently found colonial site. First two hunts with my Equinox were mostly lead and tombacs. I did pick up a wiped farthing size copper yesterday too. Used my Deus in full tones zero disc with the Deus Fast program. I must say the Deus is my choice when relic hunting on my old field sites. It just glides over the iron and nonferrous really stands out

Nice variety of relics tonight. Please correct me if Im wrong on anything. Finds include more tombacs, thimbles, some fancy two piece buckle fragments, a couple small early tombac nipple buttons, a broken circa 1700 spur buckle, the button with masonic? symbols on it as well as what I believe to be a KG II Hibernia farthing. Firsts included the crude cast lead button with shank:headbang: and paste stone button and another paste stone that I eyeballed:headbang:

Attachments

• FD8288C9-51CA-491B-865D-F2AAAE7BE249.jpeg
    FD8288C9-51CA-491B-865D-F2AAAE7BE249.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • 7355B2D6-89B0-4E1B-A7BB-02F5525A0466.jpeg
    7355B2D6-89B0-4E1B-A7BB-02F5525A0466.jpeg
    878.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Thats one seriously old site. Congrats. I smell another cob around the corner! :notworthy:

Thats one seriously old site. Congrats. I smell another cob around the corner! :notworthy:

That would be nice but Id rather find a good condition milled Spanish. Ive found enough cobs this year:laughing7: This site sure has a lot of relics for so few coins though

The Deus kicked some butt today. Congrats. What settings were you using on the Nox?

The Deus kicked some butt today. Congrats. What settings were you using on the Nox?

Nox 600, Field 2, 50 tones, recovery 3, iron bias 1, sensitivity 22, all metal. Nox is justtoo squirrelly in the iron. I havent tried running it in single frequency though. It may help to lower my sensitivity next time too. Deus is about a pound lighter and I can really feel the difference after a longer hunt

Last edited:
Nox 600, Field 2, 50 tones, recovery 3, iron bias 1, sensitivity 22, all metal. Nox is justtoo squirrelly in the iron. I havent tried running it in single frequency though. It may help to lower my sensitivity next time too

Maybe try lowering the recovery to 2 also. At 3 the signals are just too fast (for me). I did some testing and 2 separated just as good as 3 (maybe some more depth as well at lower sensitivity) but more importantly the tones were much easier to isolate. (3 feels too short-staccato)

Well done toasted I wish there were sites that old around here. Those are some great old relics. Thanks for sharing em. I would love and I mean love to have a cob in my display case. I hope you find your milled Spanish my Friend keep killing it Tommy

A milled Spanish over a cob? Better be a pillar 2 reales! lol. Some cut pistareens will do nicely!

A milled Spanish over a cob? Better be a pillar 2 reales! lol. Some cut pistareens will do nicely!

Yep. Never found a pillar real and only one cut Pistareen. Only have one nice milled bust Spanish too

Yeap, nice masonic cufflink (18th C)

The 17th C nipple button, I'm not sure they were tombac but I'm often wondered what they were.

Great site you have there, congratulations! :occasion14:

Very nice finds! Lots of cool stuff. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Now that's a nice group of finds. I found a linked pair of those Masonic cufflinks a couple years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back