More Info Needed About Buckle

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Hi All

I found this what I believe to be a two piece buckle yesterday. I posted pics and a story of it on the Todays Find forum. I am posting here to see if others think it is a buckle. Also age of the buckle and what was it used for. It was pretty cool to find almost all of the pieces, since they were in different holes a few feet apart. Also as you see it has a lot of markings on it so it must have been made to be seen. The female end of the buckle is in two pieces with the oval piece suppose to be attached to it and too has markings. Thanks for looking and helping if you can.

Bubba65

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 98
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    826 KB · Views: 79
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 96
Really lovely find! Can you give us some information on where this was found to help with identification? To me, it has the feeling of a Colonial piece. Although, my first thought on seeing that oval section was that it looked like it had Asian characters on it. I'm curious to see what others have to say about this one!

Upvote 0
I recollect having a buckle like that one, however that would be over 60 years ago, and I'm a little fuzzy with age, but I'm pretty sure it was to a toy western holster and cap gun set. I can't be positive to the holster deal, but I am positive I had one of those, and I'm sure it wasn't to hold my pants up, it was for something else, and gun belt is my best guess.

Upvote 0
The oval piece would have been a decoration on the belt keeper. To adjust the size of the belt the broken part would be where the leather folded back and went through the keeper.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back