Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More from "hunted out" B&B/boarding house

Went back this morning to the early 1800's b&b/boarding house I hit yesterday, again this place is supposedly "all hunted out" and no one bothers with it anymore, well I still do and will continue to do so, especially next spring after the frost. Today I found a sterling silver ring with a burgundy colored stone(not sure what it is), 2 Merc's 1943 and 1945, 2 Barber dimes 1900 and 1914 (the 1914 is in EF condition, full liberty and very sharp detail), an 1891 Liberty "V" nickel (in hard shape) also found my first Flying Eagle cent 1857 (also in hard shape) and 6 Indian Head cents 1864,1875,1880,1889,1903 and 1905 also found 20 wheaties dates ranginmg from 1911 thru 1950. All in all a damn good day and I was thrilled, especially for a hunted out place...:) More proof that there is no such thing a place that is hunted out...:):)

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 523
  • island view 101006.JPG
    island view 101006.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 565
  • flying eagle.JPG
    flying eagle.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 530
  • IH\'s.JPG
    IH\'s.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0
Re: More from "hunted out" B&B/boarding house

What in the hell were they huntin' with....a broomstick with a Frizbee taped to it....Very nice find's..Congrat's and HH!!

lol civil !!!!!!!!!!!! that was awesome...............

Holy cow dude,, excellent finds there........ woo-hoo.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Major Congrats Mainedigger. Still smoking hot over there. Gonna be hard to outdo some of the finds in the last few weeks. Keep em rollin in!!

Postalrevnant

Civil...whatever they were using, I hope they don;t upgrade...:):) Or figure out what they are doing wrong..:) They were nice enough to remove all trash for me (I have hit the place a few times before as well so missed all this stuff myself). 4 hours hunting and for trash, I only picked up 2 pulltabs and one piece of copper flashing. I had my sensitivity on high and discrimination on low. I usually go thru the first couple of times with the factory settings and then after that switch to highest sensitivity and low discrimination. Last few weeks of this have been outstanding...am gonna be bumming big time though when things get back to "normal" and the keepers aren;t as plentiful, but hopefully with good research and persistent and patient detecting, the finds will keep coming in...:)
HH
MD

Really great day. Congrats on the finds.

I've been told that about sites before. I ended up finding hundreds of old coins in those so called hunted out areas.

HH Jer

Well at least the silver looks nice. ;D I thought we were the only ones to find rough coins. Still nice to find. The one barber looks very nice.

I could tell from your first post that the place had hardley been touched before. If you are finding silver quarters your first time there you are more or less on virgin soil. Unless the quarters were deep and someone used a DFX with stock settings. ;) Even then should be able to get 5 inches. Have most of the coins been deeper than 4 inches? IF so then that is the story. We have been to those sites before - you know they have been hunted but there is a ton of stuff 6-8 inches(the good stuff too).

Mirage......almost all of what I am finding now is deeper than 6 inches, which I know is why I missed it the first few times going over the area with factory settings, with my sensitivity up high and discrimination down, I got faint hits at first then moving slowly over the target got good solid double hits and all would have been missed going fast or being on factory settings. I also go ove the area 3 times...once in a east to west direction, the north to south, then diagonally and even with this coverage and going slow it is surprising what I miss, just impossible to cover every square inch, which is jsut one more reason why there is no such thing as a completely hunted out place...:)

Awesome finds! :o I'd keep that little secret close! ;)

Congrats! Nana :)

Mainedigger, congrats on all those great finds! Thanks for sharing with us.

(B T W "Civilman", I cracked-up laughing at your post when you said: "What were they huntin' with....a broomstick with a Frizbee taped to it ?" Somehow I could just visualize someone using that method! Thanks for the chuckle! ;D ;D ;D )

Huntin' 59er

Broomstick and frisbee! LOL! That's great! ;D

Excellent finds! When you going back? ;)

Nice job on working that site.Excellent Barbers and Mercs!Some great dates on the Indian heads.Congrats on your first Flying Eagle Cent! That site is far from hunted out.You've proven that. Best of luck and HH!

Yeah; just keep telling the story.....all hunted out....because YOU"RE gonna hunt it out! WOOOHOO!!

WTG...NICE FINDS.....gives me an idsea to hit a B&B i know of..thanks...gregg

Hunted out??? What's that? ::)

Nice digs! :o

They call that site "hunted out" ???? ??? ;D

What are they using...BFO Relcos ;D

I know what you mean, most THers I know around here couldn't find a manhole cover in a kids sand box.

Seeing lots of people "detecting" a spot means almost nothing. I watch for these sites and move in when they're through.

Badger

So much for being "hunted out" ;D Those are some fantastic finds......

Hunted out...hehe

Thanks for the explaination Mainedigger. That has been my experience - place may be "hunted out" but there is deep stuff still at the site. Given the right conditions(moisture, machine, search pattern/direction, moon phase, etc) the place gives it up. ;D ;D You earned your stuff. Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back