Sep 15, 2006
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More from "hunted out" B&B/boarding house

Went back this morning to the early 1800's b&b/boarding house I hit yesterday, again this place is supposedly "all hunted out" and no one bothers with it anymore, well I still do and will continue to do so, especially next spring after the frost. Today I found a sterling silver ring with a burgundy colored stone(not sure what it is), 2 Merc's 1943 and 1945, 2 Barber dimes 1900 and 1914 (the 1914 is in EF condition, full liberty and very sharp detail), an 1891 Liberty "V" nickel (in hard shape) also found my first Flying Eagle cent 1857 (also in hard shape) and 6 Indian Head cents 1864,1875,1880,1889,1903 and 1905 also found 20 wheaties dates ranginmg from 1911 thru 1950. All in all a damn good day and I was thrilled, especially for a hunted out place...:) More proof that there is no such thing a place that is hunted out...:):)

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 523
  • island view 101006.JPG
    island view 101006.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 565
  • flying eagle.JPG
    flying eagle.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 530
  • IH\'s.JPG
    IH\'s.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0
Re: More from "hunted out" B&B/boarding house

Buckleboy..doing it that way is about the only way of covering the area completely so I lessen the chances of missing something. I will usually do this 2 or 3 times, or until I do it thru the cycle without finding anything. I generally will do this at all areas where I am finding old coins or where I know there was an old foundation, or where there is a chance of being an old coin or two. I do this so I don;t leave that gold coin for someone else to get...thus far I haven't found any gold coins...but I will....:):):) or if not, it won;t be from lack of effort or patience at a promising site. Besides, I've yet to use this method and not find something I missed going in one of the other directions, so it seems to work for me. I also will hit the same place again in different weather...wet,dry etc. and spring time is a MUST for all sites, the frost always pushes something up that was just out of range of the detector the previous fall. I hate not being able to go in the winter, but I can deal with it knowing the frost is moving coins and relics up where I can find them in the spring. Technique is also something that ALWAYS can be improved upon too, I think I do fairly well, research all I can and hit areas thorughly, but know I can always do more and do it better...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back