More Clad today with 2 unusual coins!

D

Darod

Lots more clad today :-\

I'm still waiting to find that first ring. I've dug probably 1000 tabs now. i just can't quite figure that one out? I never take the tabs off my cans. I don't know anyone that does? Why are they all out there? I know,....just to piss us off :D

Anyhow, here is a pic of all the clad.

allsml.jpg

Go here if you would like to see a larger image: http://www.ao-fl.com/myfinds/1_26_05/all.jpg

Here are the 2 coins that are unusual,...some tourist must have dropped them. I found them at a park on the beach.

euro.jpg

eliz.jpg

Here is a link to all the pics from todays finds:

http://www.ao-fl.com/myfinds/1_26_05

I like that East Coast Caribbean coin, pretty :)

Rod

Upvote 0
Only 1000 ? You got a lot of tabs in your future! Nice finds first EURO I have seen. Good going. Cladius.

Just curious,

Is anyone using the links that I'm putting into the postings?

Also, the other day I offered to host pictures for people that need to put pics on the web . I was curious if anyone was interested int that or not. It's free, just a nice favor for people on this site.

Rod

Well the tab mystery goes on. Sometime back a generation or so ago can mfr's went to the squared tabs because people complained about the old round pulltabs everywhere. One of these days plastic caps and tabs may be all there is so relish these days! Now what I find is if you want to work one small area, get all those tabs and screwcaps out, layer by layer. Then go after all that remains, the iron signals. Once you've done that go all metal or auto tune and go back over. Now you'll be getting the deep older stuff hidden by those chunks of foil, iron and what not. Try it in your local park, at hte trashiest place where you've dug the deepest junk and you will probably find some nice coinage.

I was amazed at such a spot in my nearby park once. Everyone and their grandpa had worked it for years. The city crew came by and cut the dirt for a parking lot. They shaved off between 5-8 inches to prep. There was this bed of early wheats, injuns, buffs/V nicks and barber coinage. I worked right behind the big roller that was smoothing it and was eyeballing as much as detecting. Nice haul that day but this crew only gave a few hours of opportunity before they laid the gravel, then rolled it too. I could only imagine the layer of seated coinage below that which I was focusing on. Amazing how ignoring the junk leaves so much behind in some spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back