Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this pendant along an old stone wall, it ahs a man sitting on the moon playing a guitar, it has a loop on the top and appears to be some kind of pendant. It is about the size of a half dollar and appears to be made of brass or a brass alloy. Any ideas on what it is and the age of it? Thanks..

Attachments

• moon pendant.jpg
    moon pendant.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 291
Very nice pendant. Reminds me of the P.&G. logo, but its not. Probably late 1800's jewelry.
I dont think it is specifiic to anything. Just a nice early pendant.
DG

Upvote 0
Man in the moon. Is it detailed om both sides? If so might be a wind charm.

Upvote 0
Here's the back....after looking at the pic here it almost looks like it may have been a cover to something???

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
dg39 said:
Now that I see the back, it is top to powder or rouge tin, perhaps?
DG

DG...it very well could be...after I cleaned the back more I saw that what I thought was a loop to hook on a necklace was actually the rim bent over and it does appear now to be a cover and not a pendant, but as to a cover to what I don't have a clue.... ???

Upvote 0
Hard to think of it as a cover to something if it has an open slit in it. Couldn't be used to keep anything fresh.
Perhaps it was a mold, used to form other such pieces.

Upvote 0
deepskyal said:
Hard to think of it as a cover to something if it has an open slit in it. Couldn't be used to keep anything fresh.
Perhaps it was a mold, used to form other such pieces.

How about if it was meant to let the smell out? Forgot the name but a air freshener.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back