Money clip, saloon token

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday finds, money clip for T. McBride marked 1-20 12kg gf bab +, saloon token 1Drink on each side and C H S on one side and D H M on other, Dun and Bradstreet lists D H Moore as saloon owner in 1884 and C H Shillings as Billards in 1882, thanks to Idahotokens for info. on token., school medal with Arithmetic 34 at bottom, ok tax token, 1946 dime, small key, printing plate and 22 marbles photo (2).JPG

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 147
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 143
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 26
Very nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

awesome that you were able to put a location to the token!

Excellent scores on some really nice relics. Cool old token coin, skeleton key, money clip, pendant, and hoard of MARBLES! I have never seen so many marbles collected from the dirt in one hunt before. That's cool as heck. Nice hunting mate.:headbang:

Thanks, Don. I knew about the statue of Jesus with cowboy boots in the cemetery.

Hello fellow Texan. Your saloon token is a great piece of history and an awesome find. Congrats!

I love tokens and that's a beauty the key is really cool also, Thanks for posting your finds...

C.H. Shilling received a pension # 39665 from State of Texas for service in Confederate Army, died 12/31/29 in Paris Tx., father of Jim and Mann Shilling famous jockeys of several years ago and noted as one of the leading breeders of race horses.

Last edited:
Great research on the token I love my tokens especially my 1800’s saloon token from News Orleans French Quarter. Great relics, splash of silver and my favorite at times marbles. I would love that sight I tell ya. Congratulations

The marbles were in a trash burn area at the back of the lot, most were on top of the ground, some were half covered up

MOORE_D_H_Full_View_.jpg

D. H. MOORE grave in Paris, D.H.M. on the saloon token

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back