Mods

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Black Vaquero w 5.75" Con & 11x8 RSD, Compadre 8" Donut, T2 w 11"DD, Ace 300i w 7x10", Vanquish 440 w V10, & Simplex+ SP28.
Past: Whites 4000D Ser 3 w 8" Con, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta 18Khz.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not saying I would Mod a machine., but if I wanted to read up on how to just for fun so what sites could you direct me to...

I was on Amazon and seen this, not sure if this would be a good start, for the price I thought the internet maybe a good place first instead.

https://www.amazon.ca/Inside-Metal-...d=1492222213&sr=8-71&keywords=metals+detector

Not sure where you should start.
I learned about soldering and electronics from fixing guitars and
junk audio equipment when I was younger.
I've done a waterproof compadre but not any actual circuit mods yet.
I've seen some pdf files on line with schematics for some Tesoro mods.
Thanks for posting that link. I'm gonna order that right now.
Looks to be pretty informative. Probably be good to learn a little
about the science of detecting.

Noah

Google geotech.

Got that book, a little advanced if you don't have some back ground. Mostly PI's. For the most part just learn your machine and do some good research and that will pay off more then anything.

..learn your machine and do some good research and that will pay off more then anything.

That's the best advice out there. You have to go where the treasure could be hiding and know your detector to find it. My favorite finds this year were from a spot I found on an old USGS map, where an inn was located 80 years ago.

Sometimes modding can be fun though, especially when you make an improvement that really works well. My favorite detector (thanks, Welgund!) is one that I managed to stuff a 10 turn GB pot into, and it's perfect.

Thanks for the advice everyone, just finish reading a bunch of posts on the Compadre and the Ace 350 Mods just on Treasurenet.com below, very interesting and you have to indeed be very careful in what you are doing, something I would not do, but I find it interesting indeed.

Metal Detector Modifications

That was a cool read on the Cibola Mod, glad I have a Vaquero for the price difference plus keeping my warranty to boot on that specific mod though. If I did not have a Vaq and only owned a used very cheap Cibola I would consider doing this as it does not seem complicated at all. As for the Compadre same thing would have to be a used one, as the new ones are really good price to begin with here.

Modding make sense under certain circumstances I imagine, the Sabre mod looks very sweet though.

I used what I believe to be either evens or Keith southerns PDF for my cibola mod. Past that I have no idea. There's another for the compadre, but nowadays with the Mojave, modding compadre is pointless really, and voids your warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back