Mining Claim Fees Going Up Again

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The BLM posted a notice to the Federal Register at 1 am on Saturday morning raising the maintenance and location fees... effective today July 1. :BangHead:
You can read and download the notice here:

Mining claim annual fees are now $200 per year for each lode, millsite or tunnel site claim and $200 per each 20 acres of placer claim. A single 160 acre placer claim now has $1600 in fees due annually! Until 1993 the same placer claim was only $15.

Location fees are going up as well. The base location fee is now $49 plus the $25 filing fee. A single mining claim location now requires a mandatory $274 fee payment to BLM (no small miner waiver in the first year of a mining claim).

If you already paid your annual maintenance fee for mining year 2025 you will need to pony up the additional $35 by August 31 or you will receive a deficiency warning notice and could lose your claim if you don't respond timely. If you are locating a claim today you will need to pay the full $274 location fees, your county recording fees plus the cost of staking.

This time of year Land Matters distributes their Annual Federal Mining Claims Filing Requirements instructions with a flow chart to guide you. We did update the fee requirement on that handout to help claim owners understand the current requirements. You can download a copy of the PDF file here. Please feel free to share this and help educate your fellow miners. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Attachments

• 2025mcf.pdf
    294.4 KB · Views: 8,142
Last edited:
Upvote 3
Temporary timeout for repeatedly breaking same rules.

Last edited:
It’s happened a few times with clay, happened to me once. It’s like sitting in the corner lol.

Not sure I’ve seen this poster do much over the top. maybe promote a mining web site that benefits folks here at no cost. Not sure what happened, but I’ve seen folks that really dedicated a lot of their own time ran off permanently.

Chinese software policies are pretty strict.

that is no way second guessing a moderators decision. They must enforce the published rules we all agree to here.

I found a V nickel the other day, I like finding gold nuggets and September is a critical month for mining claim owners. Hope Clay’s annual reminder isn’t lost.

Last edited:
Clay is an outspoken fellow. If you ask too many questions they put you in the box. Are you suggesting TNet is run by the Chinese? Wouldn’t surprise me.
TreasureNet is 100% American owned. The ban has nothing to do with being out spoken, it has to do with following our rules.

Also reminder that TreasureNet rules and bans are not subject to members review, approval, protest, or appeal so please return to subject of thread.

Thanks👍

Thanks for keeping us updated Clay! Unfortunately I will have to front the full $200 this year as I have been lazy and cannot justify any legitimate assessment work per the law here!

No reply so I can only assume the moderators are not claim owners.

No reply so I can only assume the moderators are not claim owners.
Doesn't matter if owners, mods or admins own any mining claims or not, owners own this website and have set the rules for all the forums, website rules apply the same to all the forums, and every member posting has agreed to our rules and conditions by posting here.

Now let's please return to the thread topic.

Reminder that per our rules, our terms & rules, mod/admin actions such as edit or deletion of posts, timeouts and bans are not open for discussion on open forums.

Post deleted......No Politics!

I understand the rules and I try to work with them BUT it is hard to not comment on them because the rules and the gubermint are so intertwined ! we all need rules or it'll be a unmanageable affair out there (somewhat like it is now) with the greenies /wacoenviromentalists ! I've been in time out myself a time or two . I really miss Clay's comment's /advice ! If it wasn't for people like Clay advising / correcting our misunderstanding's of the gubermint's rules and how they bend the 1872 mining laws to their way of thinking ,we all would be in trouble ,kinda like the way it's heading now ! BUT if we don't have rules to go by , then what do we have ?

It’s true the mining discussion often focuses on the law and regulations which are relatively inseparable from politics but I’m glad the mods seem to have been permissive on this forum to constructive and evidence/fact - based comments and opinions. There is a line between a discussion about mining claim fees and how they affect us and “political discussion” and I think it starts about when you make a statement whose sole purpose is to criticize a certain group or idea.

It’s true the mining discussion often focuses on the law and regulations which are relatively inseparable from politics but I’m glad the mods seem to have been permissive on this forum to constructive and evidence/fact - based comments and opinions. There is a line between a discussion about mining claim fees and how they affect us and “political discussion” and I think it starts about when you make a statement whose sole purpose is to criticize a certain group or idea.
Discussing laws pertaining to topics found here is allowed, it is the political comments that are not allowed except in politics forum.

Comments such as "corrupt government" will get post deleted. The distinction between discussing laws and discussing politics is usually ovious.

Just a reminder less than a week to file for mining year 2026. If you miss the deadline you will lose your claim - no do overs.

A quote from you know who on some other website.

Just a reminder less than a week to file for mining year 2026. If you miss the deadline you will lose your claim - no do overs.

A quote from you know who on some other website.
Thank you. I needed that.

:hello2: Free Clay Diggins!! Free Clay Diggins!! :hello2:

Please don’t take that as a violation of the rules (praying hands). Just a joke TH.

Last edited:
Please don’t take that as a violation of the rules (praying hands). Just a joke TH.
We are okay Tesorodeo...👍

To avoid any future problems and avoid other members breaking our rules, especially new members, please remember, it violates our rules to play proxy for any member and especially for any member on timeout or ban, and timeouts and bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back