Mini Soccer Field Brings Home The Silver

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I went out to a park this morning that has one of those mini-soccer fields, the kind that kids practice on, and decided to hit it before the people started to arrive. It's really a small playing field and I really didn't expect to find that much. Turned out there was more then I thought. I didn't dig any of the targets that I couldn't pry out with my probe because It is a well kept field and joggers kept running by, and I didn't want anyone to complain that I was digging up the field. I still ended with a good bit of clad, one junque ring, and one heavy sterling silver ring. For a tot lot soccer field, it surprised me.

Attachments

• Mini Sports Field.jpg
    Mini Sports Field.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 669
  • Mini Sports Field 1.JPG
    Mini Sports Field 1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 685
  • mini sports field 2.JPG
    mini sports field 2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0
How deep did you have to dig..I've hit a few and had to go down more than several inches to get to the rewards....a bit discouraging to have to dig in the HARD ground for a penny, or nickle...

It seem's nowaday's even the little guy's are wearing some good bling....Congrat's!!

rockyredbaron said:
How deep did you have to dig..I've hit a few and had to go down more than several inches to get to the rewards....a bit discouraging to have to dig in the HARD ground for a penny, or nickle...

Well that is what I spend most of my time doing... :D

I just got in from a night with a get together of some old friends. None of us have seen each other in about 20 years, and it was great. A gathering of old hoodlums from the past. In high school we were like the "greasers" in the movie The Outsiders. Then when we hit 30 we had families and businesses, and went seperate ways. Tonight was kind of a reunion of the few of us that are left. It was a blast! Thanks for all the great replies and I will post a picture of all the rings found over the last few months in the soccer fields tomorrow.

Do you cover that whole area in one go? I'm lucky if I can hunt a quarter of that area let alone the whole soccer field. Wow no wonder you are so good at finding stuff. That one area would take me days!

mumszie said:
Do you cover that whole area in one go? I'm lucky if I can hunt a quarter of that area let alone the whole soccer field. Wow no wonder you are so good at finding stuff. That one area would take me days!

Yes, I covered it, but not real thourgh. It was kind of a fast, down and dirty hunt. It is in a private neighborhood park and I was half expecting to be ask to leave by the local neighborhood association. I was asked to leave a different one the day before. No one said a thing, and I was seen by many people, so now I know I can go back and hunt without any problems.....hopefully. However, I have a technique that I use to hunt these fields that covers them pretty thourghly, pretty fast, and I can do a regular field in just a few days. I know I don't get it all, but I leave VERY little.

How deep are the majority of them?

You say that you don't really dig...so are they within an inch or two? Can you spot them with a pinpointer after the main detector finds them, then you probe with the screwdriver?

And what time of day do you hit these? Do you go early morning, or do people not seem to care?

Most are found within an inch or two and can easly be heard with my pin pointer. A quarter signal will cause me to dig a little deeper even if my pin pointer can't pick it up, but it has allways been a quarter. Seems like coins sink deeper then rings in my experience. I usually go at the break of dawn because once the sun comes up it gets too hot. That gives me 3 to 4 hours of hunting. The regular people don't start showing up untill around 9:00 am, the joggers are there all the time. So far, I have only been run out of one place by the neighborhood association, other than that, no one seems to care.

Thanks, P-man. I appreciate the tips...I used to occasionally get up to go fishing. Now, I s'pose I might try an early morning or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back