Mini Soccer Field Brings Home The Silver

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I went out to a park this morning that has one of those mini-soccer fields, the kind that kids practice on, and decided to hit it before the people started to arrive. It's really a small playing field and I really didn't expect to find that much. Turned out there was more then I thought. I didn't dig any of the targets that I couldn't pry out with my probe because It is a well kept field and joggers kept running by, and I didn't want anyone to complain that I was digging up the field. I still ended with a good bit of clad, one junque ring, and one heavy sterling silver ring. For a tot lot soccer field, it surprised me.

Attachments

• Mini Sports Field.jpg
    Mini Sports Field.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 669
  • Mini Sports Field 1.JPG
    Mini Sports Field 1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 685
  • mini sports field 2.JPG
    mini sports field 2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0
Nice Haul PM, your sure know how to knock out those soccer fields, keep 'em coming. HH
Jim

Nice hunt, and I think that silver ring will unlock the treasure of the Jesuit Priests! Remember the rest of us when you are filthy rich...Ryan

Nice finds. Especially that silver cross ring. I also like the aerial photos.

You do well at those soccer fields! Congrats on the silver and HH, Mike

Wow, that is a good start for there, nice silver ring,, i have not tryed a soccer field yet, but i have been hearing alot of people finding alot in soccer fields , i may try that soon, good job piggman, keep them coming

treasureguy said:
Wow, that is a good start for there, nice silver ring,, i have not tryed a soccer field yet, but i have been hearing alot of people finding alot in soccer fields , i may try that soon, good job piggman, keep them coming

Look at my other posts in the past. Soccer and sports fields are what I do most of my hunting in. They seem to produce quite a few silver rings, and a little gold, but not much. I think the age group has a lot to do with finding mostly silver. Kids wear silver and change to gold when they get a little older and can afford it. Then they are watching the games, not playing them. There is usually a lot of clad lost too. You just got to be carefull and not do any damage to the fields. That is why I only recover what I can get out with my probe (screw driver).

Nice finds and alot of quarters and dimes too!! Always love those silver rings, well enjoy finding rings period!! Congrats!! I think your missing nickels tho??? For as much as you dig and especially all those fields I think gold and nickels are being missed?? You would know better if I'm right. Usually with those numbers I would think around 15-16 nuckels would be norm??

Nice finds, piggman!!!

You and soccer fields are like coffee and donuts. I like the aerial phots of the fields you've been hitting also.
Good job again. You are going to hit a great gold/diamond ring soon. I just feel it. I know...if you look for nickels/gold you'll dig the junk too. But, no pain, no gain...

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nice load of coins piggman. You did a lot of digging. When I hit a soccer field I always take my Whites xl pro. Congrats on the silver.

Jack(IN) said:
Nice finds and alot of quarters and dimes too!! Always love those silver rings, well enjoy finding rings period!! Congrats!! I think your missing nickels tho??? For as much as you dig and especially all those fields I think gold and nickels are being missed?? You would know better if I'm right. Usually with those numbers I would think around 15-16 nuckels would be norm??

It seems that I should be too, because when I hit one the signal is nice and clear. The dampness of the soil sometimes effects the signal strength, but I'm picking them up when I hit one. I know I dig a lot of pull tabs and aluminium shards to make up for them.

Blue Shadow:
PMAN your obsessed! you better get up here for a few days before it's too late,
You amaze me, seems as if you go in spurts and I think your on a roll right now, whatever, your an attribute to perseverance and a great ambassador to MDing. I am Proud to be your Partner Heh Heh Heh, stay warm Pmann
good hunting

Professor, again I say thanks. You have really gone out of your way to help me with my "nuts". :D :D :D You are a friend indeed!

Another great hunt...I always look for the silver rings on your posts...so keep them coming! :)

Cool silver ring!

That'll look nice in your collection.

Way to go!

Ridley

??? Dave just as I start to think it might still be raining or just to hot down there, here you come poping up with more silver! Way to go my friend.
HH and keep us posted when that GOLD shows up.

Desertfox and his Ladyfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back