Miners Delight Wyoming

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Miner's Delight Wyoming

This is a Ghost Town that I visited in late May this year. It is considered a historical site so no Mding or digging in this area.

I do like to visit Ghost towns and take pictures. I did take only 6 pictures as my camera was almost full.

Anyways, the first thing you see is the following sign telling you where Miner's Delight is.

Sign Miner\'s Delight.JPG

The entrance to the Ghost Town.

Entrance to Miner\'s Delight.JPG

After that gate, and after walking aproximately 150 yards downhill there is a long, but low wooden bridge that takes you to the town. This area is in a swamp/pond, which is the reason the bridge is there.

Most of the cabins are built in a hill right after the bridge.

To the right there is a cabin with a small corral which is now full of overgrown bushes.

Miner\'s delight small cabin.JPG

To the left of the bridge there is a higher hill and this is where most of the cabins and smithy can be found.

Miner\'s delight Cabins.JPG

This is the outside of the smithy.

Miner\'s delight Smithy.JPG

I also explored outside of the town, which is surrounded by a wooden fence probably to keep the wildlife out of the Ghost Town.

I did feel and heard some large game animals, mostly deer, deep in the wooded areas. I did not see them because the woods are very thick.

Anyways, i followed an old trail which led me to the mines. All of the mines are holes in the ground, and some of them had a cabin built over them. Surely the miners built the cabins to stay out of the elements meanwhile they digged for gold.

Miner\'s Delight Cabin.JPG

And that was the last picture I was able to take. I will be going there soon again because i want to visit South Pass and Atlantic city which are close to where Miner's Delight is.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Re: Miner's Delight Wyoming

Great pics 8) AA

Re: Miner's Delight Wyoming

Thanks for the great pix. I enjoy ghost towning, too. It's hard to believe how people lived back then...very few comforts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back