Military Medal ?

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this around a home from the 20's. Can anyone identify it please? A quarter would fit inside the edges. Thanks for looking

030.jpg032.jpg

the bar looks modern if gold color 2LT silver in color 1st Lt ,,, what looks like coat od arm i have no clue

Upvote 0
How do you know not military Nola_Ken? I just want to learn what to look for? Thanks

First clue is that the Military do not use cheap metal, the second is the make believe coat of arms.

Upvote 0
First clue is that the Military do not use cheap metal, the second is the make believe coat of arms.

Thanks Crusader, does the metal hold true for foreign militaries as well?

Upvote 0
nsdq said:
the bar looks modern if gold color 2LT silver in color 1st Lt ,,, what looks like coat od arm i have no clue
Sorry nsdq. Didn't see this till afterwards

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's a badge from a car or something, but I really don't know where to start looking for a match. As to knowing it's not military, I've just seen so many military badges, I can pretty much look at them and tell, but as Crusader said, it has a look of cheap metal... Now.... having said that, a lot of late war German awards were made of an alloy with a high amount of zinc, and they do look like that when they come out of the ground, but it's definitely not a German badge.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it's a badge from a car or something, but I really don't know where to start looking for a match. As to knowing it's not military, I've just seen so many military badges, I can pretty much look at them and tell, but as Crusader said, it has a look of cheap metal... Now.... having said that, a lot of late war German awards were made of an alloy with a high amount of zinc, and they do look like that when they come out of the ground, but it's definitely not a German badge.

Thanks again Nola_Ken

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back