Picture 004 (3).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Picture 007 (2).jpg
    Picture 007 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 388
  • Picture 005 (5).jpg
    Picture 005 (5).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 386
2 strobes? hmm... i'd say spares for an engine servicing kit? strobes are used for timing engines. the vibrator would be for the power supply in the unit and the tubes for the drive amp that would amplifiy some form of magnetic signal that fired the strobes.

thats my story and i'm sticking to it! ;)

Upvote 0
All military planes have IFF transponders so they won't be mistaken for an enemy aircraft. It sends out a coded tone that is received by other planes and/or ground forces. IFF is Indentification Friend or Foe. It says it's an aircraft identification kit, so it may be something that services the IFF transponder. Certainly not contemporary because of the tubes. All the electronics in today's military aircraft are state of the art. Just a possiblility. Monty

Upvote 0
Definatly WWII era (not 50's) (from type of box and stock number), They didn't have Transponders then. Identification kit MEANS LIGHTS, It's just extra marker lights to to replace burnt out ones (used on wings, tail). MOST LIKELY for a larger plane like cargo plane.

Upvote 0
MilitaryCollector said:
HEY, just noticed you cut off ORDER NUMBER on bottom of label. That contains date. It looks like 44 after ORDER, which means made 1944.
Ok ,Nice eye , It says - " Order No. 334-DAY-44 . Thank you very much ! I didn't realize that might of been a date code . You are a great ID'er here on TNet .
Thanks !

mojjax

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back