✅ SOLVED Middle East Hunt #4

fakeer

Aug 13, 2017
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WP_20170819_12_27_07_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_12_26_42_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_12_26_32_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_12_26_16_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_09_14_49_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_09_14_38_Pro.jpgWP_20170819_12_25_37_Pro.jpg

So I found the mystery object in a park next to a tree.

As seen in the photos, it was completely caked in sediment and a black substance. I took a preliminary wack at the chunk with my digger to see if I could expose the metal and where it broke off, a black liquid trickled out. I assumed it was some type of sap or honey as I found it near a tree and bagged it for later inspection.

At home, I hammered off the rock build-up and since I kept the formation under running water during this process, the black substance began softening up. I took a flat head screwdriver and managed to pry off all the gooey black substance which I realized must be some type of tar. And then I realized the black liquid I saw after my test-wack must have been oil.

Anyway, enough background.

The object is made of brass I presume and must weigh a couple pounds. There's a primary hollow fitting, a ball and socket type joint on one end and a quasi hook on the other. There are two square terminal style pieces on the hook end where it seems something would clip or slide in. There are a series of five notches present on the bottom. One of the edges contains the inscription "536862.ST."

In light of the tar/oil, I guess this thing must have been used for some petrochemical related purpose. Either that or there was an oil pocket nearby. Eureka!

And sorry for the illogical photo sequence - not sure what's going on there.

I agree. Rocker arm of some sort.
Probably part of a larger machine.

Looks like it might have a blade for cutting or scoring a rotating tube, pipe or some other type of round stock.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
That's wild- the first ride I bought when I moved out here was a 97 Land Rover. Drove it till it died basically. Looks like I just exhumed it! Thanks guys. Let me toss this one in the solved bucket.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back