Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    837.8 KB · Views: 40
Solution
This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.
I found this one in the same area. It has one spike missing. The ring was wired to it when found. Evidently it was with a harness rigging and trace rings, etc hung from them. The wire solution made me laugh. How many generations of farmers resorted to the wire repair method?
This was found in a hole with several chunks of rotted leather harness strap. I’m guessing the cleats get driven into some wooden object. The 3 channels, on top, appear to be guides for something. Any help appreciated.
Could you take a picture of the complete object?

Upvote 0
Could you take a picture of the complete object?
There’s not much else to see, that isn’t in those 2 pictures. What angle would help? I can definitely supply it.
Also, I found another one this morning with a clue to it. Will post it also. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I found this one in the same area. It has one spike missing. The ring was wired to it when found. Evidently it was with a harness rigging and trace rings, etc hung from them. The wire solution made me laugh. How many generations of farmers resorted to the wire repair method?

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpeg
    IMG_1609.jpeg
    795.1 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
Solution
Found 3 more this morning in buried harness dump. These show more as to how they were used. Definitely harness rigging item. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back