metal detectors for walls

I have never scanned a wall. Looks like all the plumbing, electrical wires and nails would make it a tough task, but I have read of people doing it. I suppose a lot of those items wouldn't be found in a miner's shack, etc. Any decent metal detector should work I'd think? Monty

Most any detector with an all metal mode is fine. It helps to use a small coil too. Telling the difference between nails and Prince Albert cans is the trick. Alot depends on the construction. I haven't found a pinpoint that would scan over a couple inches into a wall

Good Luck,
Sandman

Scary Hunter said:
If you want to search money hidden in a wall can you use any kind of detector?, do you have to buy a special detector like the Garrett wall scanner? Can a pinpointer be used for this?

I have never done walls but I recently was told that the old BFO detectors are still the best for most walls. I really have no idea why.

The person to contact is: Siegfried Schlagrule

He's one of the real treasure hunters on this forum.

Badger

Thank you very much for all your replies.

The other day I was talking to a neighbor where I have my land and told me about a very old house made of clay? (adobe) that no one lives there and that one night his girlfriend saw a woman and described her to him... she was a person that died a long time ago and this death woman told her to look for the money in her house. He told me that they entered the house but that they didn't know where to look for the money, so that is another project for me ::)

What I don't know is if the money is on the floor or on the walls, I hope that wherever it is is in a place we can find it. ;D

I still don't have my detector, hopefully in the first weeks of November.. I really feel that I can not wait more to hunt for treasures.

I will look for the BFO detectors thank you.

ok according to what I found the BFO detectors are the cheap ones that can be find at any store.

I think I will try with my detector first and if I don't find anything then I will try to get a BFO just in case.

Thanks again for your help

Scary: If the House is Adobe, you need to use a Black Light to look for Disturbances in the Walls! (Patched over spots) Then you can use
the BL and/or MD on the Floors. Good Luck & Good Hunting!! 8)

Joe

Buscadero thanks a lot for the info... probably I won't need the detector for this hunt since the floor is only ground, so I only have to search for the black light !!!! :-*

Thank you very much Joe, I saw the glasses in a USA shop :(

I will probably go to home depot to see if they have lamps and glasses. I was trying to see who sells them via internet and I can only find black light to attract insects, to look for fake bills, for disco...

I just bought 2 lamps for camping on Sams Club, maybe I can change the lights for black ones.

I also noticed on an american page that they are selling it for Halloween parties, so maybe I can find it also at Walmart

I will probably go to this house next Tuesday night ;D in case I find all that I need.

Maybe if I don't find the black light glasses I can use the sun glasses ;D

You should reconsider getting a BFO (except perhaps the one Garrett BFO discriminator). No depth, no discrimination.
Best is a non motion VLF meter discriminator. Will I.D. iron on its meter but will let you hear all types of metal on the audio. Should cope better with the adobe and no worry about sweep speed.

:D :D :D Goldfish

Unfortunately I won't be able to do that :P

I still haven't found a black light... I think I went to 7 stores including Home Depot and stores like it and they didn't had portable black light... I only found mosquito's black light and the spare part light....

Thanks Baron I just found it at www.ambericawest.com. By the way they have very nice ambers. I didn't know amber comes in so many colors, I only looked for the animals it had :D
It's good to learn something every day.

;) the little hand held led flashlight is on my x mas list ;D

Watch it scary, my dog will kick your dogs butt !!!!!! >:(

He's a real mean customer,...........for a furball.............

Gold fish:
mmm Is your dog scared of ghosts? I loved the dog that is on the picture, he always made me laugh but when he was around 2 years old someone poisoned him. :(

But your dog can play with my 2 rottweilers and another dog that I found on February when she was a puppy that is a mix between a lot of dogs and German Shepherd. Don't worry my rotts are nice with smaller dogs, one of them just hate my neighbor's Great Dane that is always with me if he see me around because his owner just left him there with the persons that take care of the house but doesn't bring food often, so 3 neighbors including myself feed always feed him, he is a good guardian and if you go to the hills he will go with you and protect you.

wow, really sorry, I'd miss our dog bad.

furball vs rottie ?? He could take 'em.

thanks Goldfish. I still miss him, he was always looking for something cute or funny to do and you should see how he opened his eyes sometimes, like if he was a crazy dog. It was also funny to see what he did to keep the Great Dane away from me, he was so jelous of him, but they were good friends and never fought.

Why do you want your dog to harm mines? :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back