Metal detector question

Welcome. What kind did you get? That will help, although read the manual first. Lots of folks will take a couple coins outside next and see if the machine sees them. Then its a matter of finding places to detect.

The best way to learn a detector is to get out and "play" with it! I have a coin garden. different coins buried at different depths. Experiment with sweep speeds. Also practice pinpointing. A detector never finds anything in the closet!!

welcome "Just whip it out and hope" I like that ! may work at Spring Break or a Few other places with Big Crowds :laughing9:
or get ya arrested :tongue3:

Smokey & Tony Pretty Much Said it all.

I Hope you have a Personal Yard, You can Practice at first,

I Would add if your completely in the dark about detecting except for what you see on tv
Just be sure to watch a Few you tube videos on real detectorists on how to swing and hold the coil level with the ground.
you'll catch on. once you have gotten bored and finds dwindle in your starter location.

you may wanna research for more new or productive spots.

if you dig all or at least Most ,you should find lots of "things" Just don't expect the Majority to Impress You.
If you enjoy You should improve with time
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
The best place to find things is by looking where people lost things. Me, I like silver coins, so I look where people may have been reaching in and out of pockets or purses in the 1800's and first half of the 1900's. Fairgrounds, flats where carnivals and circuses camped, old picnic grounds, roadside vegetable stands, etc.

Spend a few minutes looking at an area before deciding where to start. But, since it's somewhat up to chance, check everywhere. One of the best sites I ever found was where there was an old rail fence beside a park where, I think, lots of folks either sat or tossed their jackets over it. It was like someone had filled a little trench with coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back