Metal detecting

IHC656

Jul 17, 2023
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey so what is everybody's thoughts on the 70 to $100 Chinese metal detectors. I got two one for my daughter and one for me. thought they were different kinds but seems like they just changed up The looks a little bit. but both of them are very sporadic.
Not sure what you have, but I bought one for $50-$70 a few years ago at Harbor Freight. I’ll simply say you get what you pay for. And it finds metal.

OP
OP
F

Fresh Find

Greenie
Dec 8, 2023
Not sure what you have, but I bought one for $50-$70 a few years ago at Harbor Freight. I’ll simply say you get what you pay for. And it finds metal.
The only one I seen at harbor freight was one for about $200. Is the one you got a short analog one with a flying saucer looking coil. Cuz I've got one of those two and it actually seems to do better than the new ones that I got but I don't know if I'm not using them correctly or something

IHC656

Jul 17, 2023
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only one I seen at harbor freight was one for about $200. Is the one you got a short analog one with a flying saucer looking coil. Cuz I've got one of those two and it actually seems to do better than the new ones that I got but I don't know if I'm not using them correctly or something
Yes I bought this short flying saucer version for my son about 4 years ago. Seemed I had to set it by running it over the desired metal I wanted to find every time we switched it on. I kept quarters in my pocket to make sure it stayed set.
Are they $200 now? If you are going to spend that I would recommend a low end Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread