txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am going to say Civil War era, since I pulled a musket and ringer out within a few feet of it. This is where I civil war hunt so I would say its dates to then. It is round with a lip, like the old bottles. It has some writing underneath the rim, can't read it though. I will get one of the kids to try to later. I thought I made out the hall r.c. but every time I look at it I am convinced its something else. I hope one of you can help ID it.

Attachments

• CIMG0520.JPG
    CIMG0520.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 243
  • CIMG0521.JPG
    CIMG0521.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 241
  • CIMG0522.JPG
    CIMG0522.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 242
Maybe neck off of leather powder flask?.......NGE

Upvote 0
I was thinking that, actually hoping someone would say that because I haven't found one of those yet!

Upvote 0
Maybe the civil war was figment of someone's imagination, I am not an expert in these things, was just guessing, from what I have seen posted on this site in the past :icon_scratch: Well, at least I tried.........NGE Is it quite possible that it could also be neck from hot water bottle?

Upvote 0
It is a canteen top... I've dug a few out of camps over the years.... I can dig through my stuff and post some pics to compare.. but I'm 99.999% sure that is what it is...
MB

Upvote 0
I'm happy with it, since I haven't dug one of those until now. Too bad it wasn't the whole thing, but beggars can't be choosy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back