MEMORIAL DAY BRINGS (3) PLATES...

L

lovedigging

I'm still in shock! But yes, I did say 3 plates! The weather was extremely hot here in Virginia today, 96 and humid. The 4 muskateers had decided to get out and knock on some doors to get permission from land owners to hunt today. What were we thinking? We should've been lying by the pool :icon_scratch: After striking out at a few places, Hutch911 decided we should hit up a place he had gotton permission at before. By the time we did this it was around noon and seemed even hotter. Amy reconfirmed permission for us to dig, and as she was walking away the woman told her "it's already been hunted to death". (I love when people say that! And so does my TDI). I decided to stay close to the road, figuring it hadn't been hit as hard as the rest of the field. Boy did that pay off! We were there maybe 1/2 hour when I dug an eagle button, stood up and hit another signal, which turned out to be the breast plate. After digging that, I stood up to sweep the area again and hit ANOTHER signal about 4' away. This turned out to be the first US boxplate. Another sweep revealed first the "Eagle I" button, then the "C" button. All of this was within a 10' circle. I was in total shock and didn't know whether to swing my machine or do backflips. I settled on swinging the TDI around a few more times and then I hit the signal that I knew had to be another plate... Amy wanted to watch me dig it and when it popped out of the ground.... let's just say she was almost as happy as if she'd dug it and was very excited to be holding it for the first time in 145 years. It was a great day hunting with friends, and one I'm sure I'll never forget or be able to top. Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

Attachments

• three plates.jpg
    three plates.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3,424
  • memorial day buckles.jpg
    memorial day buckles.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3,417
  • buckle backs.jpg
    buckle backs.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3,390
  • memorial day buttons.jpg
    memorial day buttons.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,390
  • memorial day.jpg
    memorial day.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3,386
Upvote 0
Best day's digs I've seen in a while! Congrats and go back and hit the other side of the road!
Mike

Todd, a big congratulations on your 3rd Banner since Dec. 2008. You are one lucky dude and the T.D.I. has certainly helped your cause in that red dirt out there. Dman and I really enjoyed hunting with you and your family out there last year. Now, go out and find banner #4. HH, Quindy.

VOL1266-X said:
Todd, a big congratulations on your 3rd Banner since Dec. 2008. You are one lucky dude and the T.D.I. has certainly helped your cause in that red dirt out there. Dman and I really enjoyed hunting with you and your family out there last year. Now, go out and find banner #4. HH, Quindy.
Quindy, Thanks so much for your reply and everyone else who replied to this post. Never thought I'd have two banner finds on here at the same time. Hope you and Doug are doing well...

Absolutely freak'n amazing!!! That's banner, because it will never happen again in a zillion years! Congrats on a hot,hot day! :icon_thumright: :headbang:

detectahead said:
Absolutely freak'n amazing!!! That's banner, because it will never happen again in a zillion years! Congrats on a hot,hot day! :icon_thumright: :headbang:
detectahead, Never say never because I was lucky enough that this was my second time digging three plates in a day. The first time was last march!

Very nice, a day to remember. :icon_thumright:

Great stuff!

I can't decide if that lower US plate was modified into a belt plate or a shoulder belt plate--but the field repair/modification to it is VERY cool!

Cheers,

Buck

Simply amazing!! Glad there are still a few of those sites out there . :icon_thumright:

There's that friend of mine that I ALWAYS say is the "Luckiest Digger I Know" havin an awesome day of plate diggin

again!...(haven't been signed on here in about at least a week so my congrats are alittle late but def. in order: ;D ;D ;D :D)

Congrats Todd, those are some beautiful plates and that makes at LEAST the second time you've dug 3 plates in a

day....remember :wink: :icon_thumleft: back a couple DIV's ago you dug 3 or 4 plates on that first day of DIV. That

red dirt up there reallymakes those plates pop with a really pretty patina and they look in great shape too :headbang: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

A fantastic BANNER day! Congrats! :headbang: Breezie

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Nice "Threefer" hahaha

I think we're going to have to set a 1 plate per day limit when digging with you.

Now that is a hell of a day right there!! Makes you wonder what all has been dug off that property huh! 8)

Wow,

Those are great finds. Great shape also.

Congrats

HH Jer

Wow fantastic memorial day an one you'll never forget :thumbsup: big congrats on some ultimate relics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back