Mel Fisher Days in Sebastian for 2024

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't get on here nearly as much as I like these days but I follow the related news as much as I can. It all started when I happened upon a flyer in 1995 at a Delaware dive shop for a 10th anniversary commemorative dive on the Atocha. I called KT, made the roster, made the dives, and have been hooked ever since. I find myself more fascinated with the 1715 fleet now but I've periodically attended Mel Fisher Days in Key West. This year, for the first time, Mel Fisher Days will be in Sebastian, FL from Friday July 19 to Sunday July 21.

I reached out to the Fisher family several months ago and proposed building and donating a treasure table for their live charity auction on Saturday. The table is a 1.5" thick black walnut and epoxy coffee table. One side is tailored to the 1622 fleet and the other is tailored to the 1715 fleet. Embedded within the 3 gallons of epoxy is some shipwreck treasure, including an actual Atocha emerald, a replica 1622 reale from the Taffi Fisher collection, a mini silver bar with Atocha silver, and some replica 1715 escudos. I drove the table down to the museum from MD earlier this week but I'll be back down for MFD next week.

If any of you happen to be down there, I'd love to meet you. Feel free to bid on the table too!

Jeff

Attachments

• Table-17.jpeg
    Table-17.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 30
  • Table-23.jpeg
    Table-23.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2024_MFD_Table2.JPG
    2024_MFD_Table2.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 42
Well done and a nice looking piece, jsturg.

That's whole lotta epoxy. Love the blue highlights.

Well done and a nice looking piece, jsturg.

That's whole lotta epoxy. Love the blue highlights.
Thanks so much! There’s a whole lot of hours in that in addition to the epoxy but I very much enjoyed building it.

Pictures don’t do it justice but you’re right - that blue inlay on the edge really makes it stand out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back