✅ SOLVED Medallion / Medal needing ID

Jul 28, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, thanks for your time. Found this Medal last night. No clue as to what it could be yet. Hoping somebody out there has seen one before. No writing OR numbers on front or back. Just the flaming chalice [?] on the front and the the leaves on the front and back. Polished it up a bit earlier to get a closer look at any possible details, but still no luck. Thanks for your help!! 20130728_112220.jpg20130728_112239.jpg

Looks like it could have been an award blank for just about anything.
I like it, The pics make it look Silver???

Tim

Upvote 0
Not much additional info - but here is one that looks a lot like yours:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98452555/flaming-olympic-neoclassical-greek-urn?image_id=331944689

This is a beautiful bronze finish award medal featuring a Neoclassical urn lit with a perpetual flame. A laurel wreath surrounds the border of this rather large medal. A more detailed and intricate laurel is repeated on the reverse. It encircles a blank plaque that is suitable and ready for engraving. Discovered as is with traces of age and patina.

Size: 2.5" round - very thick and heavy - over 2 ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tim - thanks for the input. Agreed.. it couldn't be anymore generic. Would love to know the story behind it--but of course, that applies to just about everything we find.. Found it in an open field & didn't think I'd have much luck being my first hunt there but this just simply tells me I need to spend a few more hunts on the property (my batteries died before I was ready to call it quits for the night and I left my spare batteries HOME once like a dummy)... and yes agreed again, the polishing helped restore some beauty.. we got a lot of rain here last night so I had a muddy night.. looks so much better than when I first pulled it out haha. Thanks so much for your help. Nice to meet you!

Upvote 0
Bramblefind.. that is definitely it.. thank you so much for your help.. :notworthy: of course still some research to do to determine its origin, but that is definitely irrelevant in my gratitude towards you right now. I'm just happy to know that it's match exists online. Very much appreciated. Nice to meet you.:thumb_up:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back