Nov 18, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 71
Looks like part of an old ant (insect type, lol) trap.

Upvote 0
My first thought was some sort of Car Badging, but being made of brass, kinda throws that out

Upvote 0
I actually think they were garden ant bait stations but we always referred to them as being ant traps.

Here's what the modern version looks like:

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Upvote 0
Did they make them out of brass back in the day? It seems like that would be costly..but who knows..I know everything back in the day was built to last..nothing like the disposable world we live in now

Upvote 0
I think they were galvanized metal and had round tray riveted horizontally on the spike, the tray held the bait and had a small hole in the center. The latter verison had the tray mounted vertically like the modern version. It mght be something else, it reminds me on an old ant trap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also in the photo it looks like galvanized metal not brass.

Upvote 0
Also in the photo it looks like galvanized metal not brass.

I'm definitely not sure that it's brass -- I don't know how to tell the difference really. The ant trap idea is intriguing! The shape at least does seem to match up, although most seem to be made of plastic. Haven't seen one yet made out of metal like this. I found a patent for the ant trap bait stick -- it's for plastic, but you can see the shape at least:

Patent US5528854 - Plastic insect bait assembly - Google Patents

patent.png

Upvote 0
They made out of metal back in the 60's and 70', may be into the 80's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back