MDing is Relaxing

It sure is relaxing.. Some people seem to forget this when they are'nt finding what they want to.. This hobby is supposed to be relaxing and fun.. Nothing beats a early morning hunt in my opinion..

It sure is relaxing.. Some people seem to forget this when they are'nt finding what they want to.. This hobby is supposed to be relaxing and fun.. Nothing beats a early morning hunt in my opinion..

I 100% agree. I see too many people that get frustrated and leave the hobby because they are not finding good stuff like some other guy. Life is too short to have a hobby that caused stress. Relax and enjoy yourself. If you get some cool stuff along the way that is bonus!

Relaxing it is. I especially like beach hunting...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

People ask me what it does for me and I tell them it is therapeutic. For me there is nothing better on my mind than being out for a stroll and occasionally dig some free money or jewelry. Wish I'd started years ago.

Relaxing it is. I especially like beach hunting...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Beach hunts can be relaxing, for sure. But, they can also be a bit nerve wracking.

Saturday and Sunday I had the pleasure of hunting a few hours on St. George Island FL beach. All was good Saturday until a drunk guy and his lady friend wondered by and he decided to tell me I was a "expletive" pedophile using the detector to entice children!!

His opinion and demeanor changed rather quickly when I loosened the Velcro on my Lesche sheath and asked if he wanted to bring his drunken self over to discuss further. Last I seen of him and his lady friend, they were headed toward the parking lot yelling "let's get outta here, he has a big "expletive" knife!!". Moving rather quickly, I might add!

I can see some perv could actually use an MD for indecent purposes, because they are a curiosity to kids and adults too. I spoke with many people there who were inquisitive about the hobby, many who expressed interest in taking up the hobby themselves or buying an MD for their kids.

Anyway, as a general rule, I try to steer away from people and their beach possessions by at least 10 feet. I would much rather have the quiet time enjoying the hobby than to be in the middle of the crowd. Only noise I want to hear is the waves coming in and the beeping of the detector when I find some lost jewelry or coins!!

HH all!!

BigDawg30701 Garrett Ace 350 & Teknetics Delta 4000

Beach hunts can be relaxing, for sure. But, they can also be a bit nerve wracking.

Saturday and Sunday I had the pleasure of hunting a few hours on St. George Island FL beach. All was good Saturday until a drunk guy and his lady friend wondered by and he decided to tell me I was a "expletive" pedophile using the detector to entice children!!

His opinion and demeanor changed rather quickly when I loosened the Velcro on my Lesche sheath and asked if he wanted to bring his drunken self over to discuss further. Last I seen of him and his lady friend, they were headed toward the parking lot yelling "let's get outta here, he has a big "expletive" knife!!". Moving rather quickly, I might add!

I can see some perv could actually use an MD for indecent purposes, because they are a curiosity to kids and adults too. I spoke with many people there who were inquisitive about the hobby, many who expressed interest in taking up the hobby themselves or buying an MD for their kids.

Anyway, as a general rule, I try to steer away from people and their beach possessions by at least 10 feet. I would much rather have the quiet time enjoying the hobby than to be in the middle of the crowd. Only noise I want to hear is the waves coming in and the beeping of the detector when I find some lost jewelry or coins!!

HH all!!

Man, I've never had anything like that happen to me, glad you could respond so confidently. The other day I had hunted an old park for two hours without finding much, when an eight or nine year old boy rides his bike up to me and says, "You ain't gonna' find nothin' here, my Grampa got it all!

Last edited:
Man, I've never had anything like that happen to me, glad you could respond so confidently. The other day I had hunted an old park for two hours without finding much, when an eight or nine year old boy rides his bike up to me and says, "You ain't gonna' find nothin' here, my Grampa got it all!

Whatcha bet the little feller will be out there swinging an MD himself one day? Funny story!

People ask me what it does for me and I tell them it is therapeutic. For me there is nothing better on my mind than being out for a stroll and occasionally dig some free money or jewelry. Wish I'd started years ago.

therapeutic, yes, that's it. I can think of a number of people I DID NOT strangle, bend or mutilate, because I went Metal Detecting instead.

It's not relaxing for me right now in the heat and skeeters. :(

I agree oddrod. I wish I had started in my 20's when the ground wasn't so far away lol. Funny how that changed as I got older ;)

HH all!!

Yep that would not be relaxing. I tend to enjoy MDing much more when there are few people around. I like to go in the evening when most of the people are headed home. Early morning would work well too, but our park doesn't open till 8am. I find it stressful to try to work around a bunch of people. I certainly don't want to clobber some kid with the scoop when I turn around.
Sorry that happened to you. People are crazy. Hope you don't let it ruin your next time out.

It's not relaxing for me right now in the heat and skeeters. :(

I know what you mean. We grow skeeters big up here in Michigan lol. I don't know where you are at, but maybe you can find a beach to work. Getting in the water helps keep you cool, and a breeze off the lake or ocean helps with the skeeters!

I love that story lol!!

therapeutic, yes, that's it. I can think of a number of people I DID NOT strangle, bend or mutilate, because I went Metal Detecting instead.

Sounds not only therapeutic, but sounds like MDing has saved some lives LOL!!!

nice video paul.. im wiki1979able from youtube .. nice to see you on T net ... I like metal detecting ..but sometimes im on a mission for silver and I cant say its Relaxing all the time but I have lots of fun doing it

I know what you mean. We grow skeeters big up here in Michigan lol. I don't know where you are at, but maybe you can find a beach to work. Getting in the water helps keep you cool, and a breeze off the lake or ocean helps with the skeeters!

Haha, no. No beaches for hours and hours. I live in Louisiana! Besides, who would want to be in the water digging clad when the could be in 100+ degree humid, skeeter and snake infested fields digging colonial silver coins every trip out. :D

-Buck

Haha, no. No beaches for hours and hours. I live in Louisiana! Besides, who would want to be in the water digging clad when the could be in 100+ degree humid, skeeter and snake infested fields digging colonial silver coins every trip out. :D

-Buck

Well said, Buck!!

nice video paul.. im wiki1979able from youtube .. nice to see you on T net ... I like metal detecting ..but sometimes im on a mission for silver and I cant say its Relaxing all the time but I have lots of fun doing it

Oh I know what you mean. I have been there myself. I have to remind myself I am out to have fun and relax and not to put pressure on myself. Life has enough stress already!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back