MD4V.org Featured in Special

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cool. The war veterans do take to metal detecting don't they. I don't know how to explain it. After having worked in detecting I also did field days with groups years ago as well as one on ones. I always recall the veterans I taught and gave lessons. They always loved it. One guy a broken Afghanistan soldier, great guy, absolutely fell in love with it. I took him out a couple of times. I remember him stopping in the shop to say hi a couple of years later, he was a changed man, happier and more at peace with himself than when I first met him. Another was an Italian former Sniper who I did the same with teaching him things and supplying him with info. Giancarlo, always remember him, really nice guy. The same, he came in a yr later and also was just better somehow. They both took to detecting for gold like ducks to water. As did others I have met that were vets. My best friend was one in Vietnam, Mulga, I put a picture up of one of his nuggets a little while ago. Great honest faithful friend. He's unbelievable, I have always said Mulga could find a nugget in a kids sandpit he's that good. 😆 He is, really!
They love it don't they. 🙂
I know from here you do a lot to help them. Its a very commendable thing.
And from my limited experience seeing what I have it makes a huge positive difference in their lives.
Good stuff mate. 👍👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back