McGinnis Cross - Relic or Fraud?

Armchair detective

May 21, 2024
One of the McGinnis descendents showed Rock and Marty a small gold cross that according to family lore was a remnant of 3 treasure chests the original three found on Oak Island.

It was stated it was shown to a jeweler who said it could be up to 500 years old.
Another expert? said the cross originally had jewels in it which could have been easily knocked out as gold is a soft metal.

Cross is shown in the palm of a hand.

Picture quality related to phone picture snapped from analog TV.

Jurors?

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_013506.jpg
    IMG_20241003_013506.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20241003_013405.jpg
    IMG_20241003_013405.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
What I find more suspect then them having the cross whether or not their story is true or not, is that that there were 3 guys searching and they found 3 treasure boxes. I'm hoping that their original story has gotten changed over the years and they originally claimed to have found 1 chest that they were able to split evenly.. They each got "some treasure" and the story got changed along the way... If they were going to make the whole story up I would hope they would know that finding 3 chests would be unrealistic..

What I find more suspect then them having the cross whether or not their story is true or not, is that that there were 3 guys searching and they found 3 treasure boxes. I'm hoping that their original story has gotten changed over the years and they originally claimed to have found 1 chest that they were able to split evenly.. They each got "some treasure" and the story got changed along the way... If they were going to make the whole story up I would hope they would know that finding 3 chests would be unrealistic..
It was like a little game we played in the small one room classroom.
35 kids, 2 different grades.

The teacher whispered something in the first child's ear.

That kid passed the message to the other.

By the time it got to the end of the 35 different versions.

Let's say it kind of resembled the original message but had many twists and turns, including subject matter.

This is how fables/stories are created.
It grows, gets a little more exciting to hold the interest of the ear.

By the end it is nothing more than a cow floppy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back