Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• DCACF01C-8ECE-48CB-BB9F-A962E2DAF364.jpeg
    DCACF01C-8ECE-48CB-BB9F-A962E2DAF364.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 22
Nice haul on the Morels. Everyone in my area thought it was still to chilly, but I went out last Saturday and pulled 57 of those buggers. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks when it should be even more productive.

Congrats on the delicious morel mushrooms. I see you have all gray morels there, do you guys get the yellow/gold morel mushrooms in your area?

Miss living in Iowa and searching for shroons. Back there I could fill a grocery bag of those tasty delights. I never gave a thought to ever finding any on the front range corridor of Colorado, but last year I spotted one. Just one and I thought it looked a little funky.

Attachments

• 20220925_110415.jpg
    20220925_110415.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Miss living in Iowa and searching for shroons. Back there I could fill a grocery bag of those tasty delights. I never gave a thought to ever finding any on the front range corridor of Colorado, but last year I spotted one. Just one and I thought it looked a little funky.
That’s not a morel. That’s a stinkhorn. Here’s another pic of one from CO. Flies are attracted to them and spread their spores. You don’t want to eat that one!
FB7EF2A3-D41D-412A-AB12-C1AB9F2220D9.jpeg
FB7EF2A3-D41D-412A-AB12-C1AB9F2220D9.jpeg

I have forgot how to find them :( Any HINTS ? :) ?

Thanks BF but what do i do if no longer have a simplex. I just sold my last one last Sunday ?

I have forgot how to find them :( Any HINTS ? :) ?
I recall other hunters saying look for dead elm trees in the woods, because they seem to grow more in numbers around them. At least I think it was elm trees.

I recall other hunters saying look for dead elm trees in the woods, because they seem to grow more in numbers around them. At least I think it was elm trees.
That is true. I have no elms on my current properties. My old place had elms and they definitely had more morels near them than other trees did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back