Mayan or Aztec necklace??? Mexican trade item??/

BHarmon

Apr 22, 2015
Dallas, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this stone piece for at least 50 years. It looks Aztec style to me, but if it is simply Mexican trade goods then it is good quality from the 50's. It is green stone with a hole in the back to wear as a necklace. It looks like green soapstone to me and is very smooth. I also remember reading a magazine as a child that had an image of a very similar piece in front of "lost treasure".

Would love to hear what your thought are about it. :)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 112
A lot of these types of idols were made from onyx...once had a chess set i purchased in Tijuana...almost an exact match..

Upvote 0
I have had this stone piece for at least 50 years. It looks Aztec style to me, but if it is simply Mexican trade goods then it is good quality from the 50's. It is green stone with a hole in the back to wear as a necklace. It looks like green soapstone to me and is very smooth. I also remember reading a magazine as a child that had an image of a very similar piece in front of "lost treasure".

Would love to hear what your thought are about it. :)
Search Aztec or Meso-American...Likely trade item.

Upvote 0
A lot of these types of idols were made from onyx...once had a chess set i purchased in Tijuana...almost an exact match..

It definately is not onyx. I have an onyx chess set from about 20 years ago and this stone is not the same.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back